purge use from inside program
12-03-2022, 11:14 PM
purge use from inside program
Hello,
I would like to use the 'purge' command inside a program to clear some CAS variables. I can not figure out how to do it. Did anybody found a way to use 'purge' in CAS programs?
Thank you.
John P
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2022, 01:46 PM
RE: purge use from inside program
(12-03-2022 11:14 PM)John P Wrote:  Hello,
I would like to use the 'purge' command inside a program to clear some CAS variables. I can not figure out how to do it. Did anybody found a way to use 'purge' in CAS programs?
Thank you.
John P

Hi, this is a problem I've encountered too. Perhaps, to prevent a variable from being seen in "CAS Vars" it is useful to treat it as a local variable: "LOCAL t", "LOCAL x", etc.

Best regards, robmio
12-06-2022, 03:21 AM
(12-05-2022 01:46 PM)robmio Wrote:  
(12-03-2022 11:14 PM)John P Wrote:  Hello,
Thank you.
John P

Hi, this is a problem I've encountered too. Perhaps, to prevent a variable from being seen in "CAS Vars" it is useful to treat it as a local variable: "LOCAL t", "LOCAL x", etc.

Best regards, robmio

What I am trying to do is to write stand alone prgm. that will delete global variables from inside of the calling program. I do not worry about local vars. because I could define the local variables after calling my stand alone prgm. That would be useful because I would not need to worry that some vars. exist globally that will conflict with vars. I use in the calling program.
Cheers
12-06-2022, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2022 03:38 PM by roadrunner.)
Did you try purge(variable)? It works in cas programs for me.

-road

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)