Free42 Programming Question (HP42S)
11-29-2022, 03:46 PM
Free42 Programming Question (HP42S)
Hi, I just started using the Free42 simulator that emulates the HP42S. I also just purchased the DM42 from Swiss Micros and I really enjoy these calculators. Years ago I had the HP41 and I'm very sorry that I sold it a while back...loved that calculator!
My real question here is the following:
I need to use the programming command ATOX ( alpha convert to decimal value and place in x reg) For some reason on both the DM42 and the free 42 I CANNOT find a way to enter such command? If you go to the 'PGM FCN' key during programming you can find the XTOA command but I cannot find the ATOX, is there some kind of key combinations to enter such command? Obviously I cannot enter the alpha "ATOX" as is not interpreted as a command but rather an alpha label. I noticed that there is many other programming commands similar to the above which do not seem to have a key assignment, how do I enter such commands? I would appreciate any help on this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2022, 11:28 PM
RE: Free42 Programming Question (HP42S)
You can use XEQ "ATOX" to access the ATOX function. When you enter XEQ "name", the calculator will first search for a LBL "name", and if it doesn't find one, it will then look for "name" in the catalog of built-in functions (CATALOG->FCN). If you do this in PRGM mode, it will store ATOX in the program, not XEQ "ATOX".

You can also access all built-in functions by executing them from CATALOG->FCN, but you probably won't usually want to do that, since that menu has 42 rows, so finding functions that aren't close to the ends of the list is a bit cumbersome.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-30-2022, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2022 07:35 PM by pinkman.)
RE: Free42 Programming Question (HP42S)
(11-29-2022 11:28 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  You can also access all built-in functions by executing them from CATALOG->FCN, but you probably won't usually want to do that, since that menu has 42 rows, so finding functions that aren't close to the ends of the list is a bit cumbersome.

ATOX is on row 4 => 7 keys to hit.

Thibault - not collector but in love with the few HP models I own - Also musician : http://walruspark.co
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)