Duplicate programs error hp prime g2
11-19-2022, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2022 10:03 PM by DrEureka.)
Duplicate programs error hp prime g2
Hello, I have a problem with the hp prime g2, I have some duplicate apps with an error that are eliminated, but when I reset the calculator they come back and I cannot find the solution other than formatting the calculator, do you have any idea how to solve it?

Thanks for your time!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2022, 05:47 PM
RE: Duplicate programs error hp prime g2
Is it a CAS program? If you have entries in CAS Vars that share the same name it might cause issues that will be hard to debug when you think you’ve fixed the source file. I think this happens when you add a new parameter to the function definition and then try to run it again, because it might be overloaded (it will call the function with the correct number of parameters).

Press [Shift][Toolbox/Mem], then click CAS Vars. Delete all copies of any duplicate items by highlighting it and pressing the [Del] key. Then return to your list of programs [Home or CAS][Shift][1/Program], click into the programs and press the Check soft key on screen, and then try running them again on the home or cas screen.

- neek
11-19-2022, 10:04 PM
(11-19-2022 05:47 PM)ftneek Wrote:  Is it a CAS program? If you have entries in CAS Vars that share the same name it might cause issues that will be hard to debug when you think you’ve fixed the source file. I think this happens when you add a new parameter to the function definition and then try to run it again, because it might be overloaded (it will call the function with the correct number of parameters).

Press [Shift][Toolbox/Mem], then click CAS Vars. Delete all copies of any duplicate items by highlighting it and pressing the [Del] key. Then return to your list of programs [Home or CAS][Shift][1/Program], click into the programs and press the Check soft key on screen, and then try running them again on the home or cas screen.

Generally, they are applications that are duplicated in the "apps" button
11-19-2022, 11:45 PM
I have heard of this and seen it on some calculators, but never on my own.

The way I have seen it, if an App is called "MyApp", then for some unknown reason all of a sudden there will be another app called "MyApp Copy" which is an empty app.

Is this also how you see it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-20-2022, 12:11 AM
This problem has been discussed here before, under the name "ghost apps". It's a known bug in the Prime, apparently still present. See one related thread here: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-13...ight=Ghost

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-28-2022, 08:02 PM
(11-20-2022 12:11 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  This problem has been discussed here before, under the name "ghost apps". It's a known bug in the Prime, apparently still present. See one related thread here: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-13...ight=Ghost

Exactly, thanks for the data, the procedure can be done and it works correctly, the zombie apps no longer appear

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)