Kickstand?
11-17-2022, 11:58 PM
Kickstand?
I'm not generally too bothered by the Prime's upside-down screen polarizer, but it's occasionally annoying when I have a lot of calculations to do on a crowded desk where it's hard to look right down at the screen. I know there are some larger 3D-printed desk stands out there, but I move around a lot and would prefer something more portable. Has anyone tried any of the various phone kickstands out there? Most of those clearly aren't designed for the stability you'd want for punching in values on the Prime's keypad, but I'm thinking that a smaller one might be stable enough to get me 20-30 degrees for better brightness and reduced glare from overhead lights. Maybe just one of the simple ring stands would work? Might need a little improvisation with some extra rubber feet so that it could still sit relatively flat without the stand extended?

I figure someone's probably tried this, so I should ask before sticking gooey things to the back of my Prime.

(I've been following this forum for a couple years, BTW, but just registered. Tons of great knowledge here... thanks to everyone!)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2022, 09:50 AM
RE: Kickstand?
What about a 20-30 degree wedge or an aesthetically pleasing equivalent?
11-18-2022, 10:30 PM
RE: Kickstand?
That was my first thought too. I didn't see anything ready-made out there, but I could probably craft something out of materials kicking around my basement easily enough. But then that's another bit to tote around. I keep my Prime in one of those zip-up nylon cases and there's not enough space in there to fit a wedge that's big enough to be useful. But then I also don't use my slide cover at all, so sticking something on the back of the Prime wouldn't get in the way of anything. A "built-in" solution would be kind of sweet.

Not a big deal in any event. The limited viewing angle on the screen is just a minor annoyance, but one that would cool to solve in a slick way.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)