Common Used Commands Shortcut?
11-17-2022, 03:43 AM
Common Used Commands Shortcut?
I am in a class where I am using propfrac a lot and wondered if there was a way I could add it to the CAS menu or make it a shortcut. I am testing out the Prime over my TI-NSPIRE and that is the only problem I have found that is keeping me from keeping the Prime. Hopefully there is a solution besides opening the catalog each time I want to use Propfrac.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2022, 12:21 PM
RE: Common Used Commands Shortcut?
rolinychupetin has a video on youtube on assigning a function to a user key. I believe this is what you are asking for...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FiD48pTGqY
11-17-2022, 12:49 PM
Awesome. Thank you
11-17-2022, 05:09 PM
(11-17-2022 12:21 PM)Hammonds Wrote:  rolinychupetin has a video on youtube on assigning a function to a user key. I believe this is what you are asking for...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FiD48pTGqY

GREAT!

Thank you.
11-18-2022, 12:29 AM
Also see this program for setting up a general-purpose custom menu bound to the Menu key. You can populate the menu with whatever symbols, built-in functions, or programs you find yourself using frequently.
11-20-2022, 02:47 AM
(11-18-2022 12:29 AM)tppytel Wrote:  Also see this program for setting up a general-purpose custom menu bound to the Menu key. You can populate the menu with whatever symbols, built-in functions, or programs you find yourself using frequently.

Hello,
I tried your program CSTMENU, but on my HP PRIME latest emulator ver. 2.1.14596 (2021 10 1) it does not compile, on the Prime emulator. Emulator gives me error on line 18.
Thanks.
John P
11-20-2022, 06:01 AM
(11-20-2022 02:47 AM)John P Wrote:  Hello,
I tried your program CSTMENU, but on my HP PRIME latest emulator ver. 2.1.14596 (2021 10 1) it does not compile, on the Prime emulator. Emulator gives me error on line 18.
Thanks.
John P

I just recently tried this program and on my virtual calculator and it works. In the CAS screen type these commands
Code:
CSTpos:={1,1}
CST:={{"A","B","ALOG()","α","β","1","2","3"}}
Then check the syntax from the program menu. Then in cas screen press [Shift][Help/User][Shift][Help/User].

Now anytime you wish to use the shortcuts, press [Menu] and select the key.

- neek
11-20-2022, 02:41 PM
(11-20-2022 06:01 AM)ftneek Wrote:  
(11-20-2022 02:47 AM)John P Wrote:  Hello,
Thanks.
John P

I just recently tried this program and on my virtual calculator and it works. In the CAS screen type these commands
Code:
CSTpos:={1,1}
CST:={{"A","B","ALOG()","α","β","1","2","3"}}
Then check the syntax from the program menu. Then in cas screen press [Shift][Help/User][Shift][Help/User].

Now anytime you wish to use the shortcuts, press [Menu] and select the key.

Thank you very much. It works.

John P
11-20-2022, 06:46 PM
Yeah, you need those variables set up for the program to run. The CST variable is the one you use to define your menu, so put whatever symbols or functions you want in there.

I also used user keys to bind the unused Alpha-Space (KA_Space) back to the original Menu function (return 13) to keep that available. So now I just leave my Prime in user mode.

And it's definitely not my program. The author was Ramon, who posted the original thread I linked.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)