Looking for listings of HP-67 standard pac programs converted to HP-41C listings
11-12-2022, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2022 11:29 AM by adumont.)
Looking for listings of HP-67 standard pac programs converted to HP-41C listings
Hi

I have an HP-41C, a card reader I have repaired and which seems to work (not always though...), and I have some the HP-67 Standard pac cards.

Some of them are still working fine, I mean I can read them and use the programs, but others are not working any more. Some say Checksum Error, other Malfunction (that last error, according to the Card Reader user manual might be a reader problem, more than a card problem...).

I am wondering if the listings of the HP-67 Standard pac cards converted to HP-41C are available anywhere (here maybe?).

For now, I know the listings of the programs are available in the HP-67 Standard pac book, and the HP-41C card reader book has a section on compatibility where it lists all the equivalent functions... So if the converted listings were not available, I might still be able to translate them manually.

I was thinking I could try to reprogram the broken cards, by entering the programs on my HP-41C and saving them onto the cards again. (That would not be exactly the same, as they wouldn't read any more in an HP-67 though... but for now, I don't have any HP-67 anyway, so that's not an issue).

What do you think? Do you know if these listings are available?

One such card I have that says Checksum error is the Curve Fitting one. I have found the Curve Fitting listing in the HP-41 Standard pac book, but to my surprise, it is less powerful than the HP-67's version: It will let you compute y for any x, but (unless I'm mistaken) it won't let you find x for a y. The HP-67's can do it.

My calculator collection
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2022, 10:23 PM
RE: Looking for listings of HP-67 standard pac programs converted to HP-41C listings
Hi again,

well I've found what I was looking for Smile. Here they were at the HP Museum, waiting for me to find them.

At this link MoHPC HP-41C Software Library, look for "HP-67 Standard Pac (ported to HP-41C)".

My calculator collection
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)