MVS-Forth on PC-1500
11-07-2022, 01:41 AM
MVS-Forth on PC-1500
The recent discussion of dumping PC-1500 HVAC Modules, brought back memories of working with Klaus to dump the memory module of MVS Forth that came with the MC-12 Datalogger. See following links:

OT: FORTH on the Sharp PC-1500

OT: Forth on Sharp PC-1500 question

While we were successful in creating a WAV file that could be used to reload the Forth onto a Memory Module, all my documentation from that era has long disappeared. I also had a change in email servers and lost all my emails that dealt with how to go about loading the WAV file.

I'm pretty sure that I did email several of the Hpmuseum forum members on how to go about doing this. I know that after the load, a couple of POKE commands were required to initialize the start of the code.

Do anyone here have copies of my emails on how to go about loading the WAV file?

I have recently located the WAV file on an old backup hard drive. But I don't have the procedure for loading it nor the POKE statements.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Bill WD9EQD
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2022, 02:09 AM
RE: MVS-Forth on PC-1500
Bill, the wav file can be converted to a BIN and then further processed, see: http://silicium.org/forum/viewtopic.php?...mp#p470109

If you can convert it to a BIN I can run it through lhTools create the BASIC listing. Or, if you want to send me the wav I will give it a shot.
11-07-2022, 03:13 PM
Jeff,

I downloaded the lhtools-0.7.8.zip file. But get an zip file corrupted, central directory error trying to unzip it. When I used 7zip, I could extract the files, but when I do a make, it's missing files lhdump.c lhunasm.c and lhasm.c. So I'm guessing zip file is corrupt and I'm not getting all the files.

Could you email the correct zip to me.

Thanks
Bill WD9EQD
Smithville, NJ
11-07-2022, 04:58 PM
Oh yes sorry, I forgot it was corrupted. I'll send you the good ZIP file Christophe sent me.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)