hp 34c display
10-18-2022, 06:07 AM
hp 34c display
I have a hp34c calculator that has missing pixels, mostly on the top. But when I press slightly below the display, the numbers paint in perfectly. Is there a simple thing I can do to get it to work?
Thanks, Nick
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2022, 01:38 PM
RE: hp 34c display
Good Morning,

While I do love the Spice series I am not a fan of their construction.

If you do some searching here you will find that the calc will need to be opened and the mainboard removed so the led connectors can be cleaned. Its my guess that over time oxidation has occurred and has compromised the connection.

Just my $0.02.

-Bill
10-18-2022, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2022 02:07 PM by CY-CL.)
Here you can buy a display - Link
10-18-2022, 04:38 PM
To my experience after opening the calculator before you disassemble the main board try moving the display so that the pins may get rid of (slight) corrosion. Sometimes it's enough to bring it back to full functionality.

Andi
10-18-2022, 11:19 PM
This has worked for me too with a solderless Spice where the display contacts are slid into place (ie not soldered). Just open it up and gently see if you can slide the display back into place for better contact.

(10-18-2022 04:38 PM)AndiGer Wrote:  To my experience after opening the calculator before you disassemble the main board try moving the display so that the pins may get rid of (slight) corrosion. Sometimes it's enough to bring it back to full functionality.

Andi

Calculator Clique on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-19-2022, 05:45 AM
Interesting. I removed the two screws from the HP 34c, and couldn't get the back off. But I was able to reach underneath and push on the display. Now, the calculator seems to be working perfectly. Thank you all for your advice. I am thrilled.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)