Ram card 4mb Hp 48gx
10-17-2022, 01:10 AM
Ram card 4mb Hp 48gx
Hello, how are you? I wanted to ask if someone in the forum has the 4mb ram card and if they wanted to acquire, I am preparing that type of ram

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2022, 03:30 PM
RE: Ram card 4mb Hp 48gx
4 MB cards are not recommended on the 48GX due to a bug that causes problems with the topmost port. There did at one time exist a third-party card with switches to work around this issue, but unless this card does that, it's recommended that you not use cards larger than 2 MB in the 48GX.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-18-2022, 12:41 AM
Good, I have the 4mb card modified, the position of the switch and it complies with saving the content in its 31 ports and switch 4 exchanges the last 2 pairs of ports while switch 1 makes it impossible to delete the files, I have a prototype that clones an internet image I would like you to test it to see how it works. Sent some captures with mk. I did it with an electrician friend
10-18-2022, 02:08 AM
Fantastic, that's exactly what it should be. I was wondering if that's what those DIP switches were for. I don't think there have been any cards like that on the market for 20 years, so this could have some demand.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-18-2022, 03:55 AM
I'm interested, depending on the price.
10-18-2022, 02:17 PM
I have tested 2 cards out of 10 that I did, do what I do not know if someone in the forum has the same card but the original and can confirm the operation, because as I repeat the one I did has no faults the price for the cost of the components that They are scarce, it would be $500 or if you want to acquire it and think it is very expensive, I will leave your comment.
10-19-2022, 12:55 AM
I send some captures

10-19-2022, 05:45 AM
(10-18-2022 02:17 PM)hpmin48gx Wrote:  I have tested 2 cards out of 10 that I did, do what I do not know if someone in the forum has the same card but the original and can confirm the operation, because as I repeat the one I did has no faults the price for the cost of the components that They are scarce, it would be $500 or if you want to acquire it and think it is very expensive, I will leave your comment.

Well, I quite did not understand what you tried to say, but for 500 USD I will skip, but thanks anyway.

Cheers

JL
10-20-2022, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2022 07:50 PM by Kiwi.)
The card you are referring to was made by a German (company) named Oliver Klotz.

He implemented a solution with micro switches to circumvent the issue with the last port bug (port 33).
One switch (number 1) is the read/write protection switch and a second one (number 3) is for switching the last 2 port pairs (= 4 ports in total).
This means that 28 ports are 'always' available and for the last 4 ports you can switch between two port pairs:
* Situation A (switch set to position A): 28 ports (port 2 -> 29) + Port 30A + Port 31A
* Situation B (switch set to position B): 28 ports (port 2 -> 29) + Port 30B + Port 31B
So, (only) 30 ports are simultaneously usable.

The other two switches (number 2 and 4) are not used.

They sold the last batch of these cards a couple of years ago in Europe (with a price between 189-219€).
10-20-2022, 03:47 PM
If these cards were taken from images on the internet and according to the little information I have, they work, the issue was the components are scarce, I think that for $350 I could sell them, I can send a video of the operation or screenshots so that they confirm that this is how it works
10-23-2022, 10:51 PM
buenas tardes ahí les envió el archivo con las capturas de pantalla con el swicht activo y desactivado con los indicadores y mensajes para que corroboren que funciona correctamente

10-23-2022, 11:52 PM
(10-23-2022 10:51 PM)hpmin48gx Wrote:  buenas tardes ahí les envió el archivo con las capturas de pantalla con el swicht activo y desactivado con los indicadores y mensajes para que corroboren que funciona correctamente

Please post in ENGLISH. It only takes a moment to use google translate to come up with:

"good afternoon, there I sent you the file with the screenshots with the switch active and deactivated with the indicators and messages so that you can verify that it works correctly"

You would do it once versus each reader here having to do this.

Thanks for sharing this information.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)