Casio fx-991CW
11-24-2022, 07:12 PM
RE: Casio fx-991CW
Hi all. My two cents? To quote Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes fame, "Sorry, My thoughts are a buck a piece." My $1.00 thought:

Perhaps Casio, in selling the CW as a bona-fide product overseas, maybe they are using that as a test market. Could it be that if the CW is an international market success, Casio will make the CW available in the US?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2022, 07:55 PM
(11-24-2022 07:12 PM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  maybe they are using that as a test market. Could it be that if the CW is an international market success, Casio will make the CW available in the US?

It is not necessarily true - the Eastern market is huge, just imagine China's market. And in those schools there are recommendations for acceptable calculators also. I'm sure there is no HP accepted, but CASIO, SHARP and maybe TI accepted.

Just check this programmable unit - 680 program steps, 4 program area, 23 built-in equation, constants, 6 regression model, list based statistics with editor, solar+battery powered, very roboust and slim design, really good keyboard, sharp black good visible two-line display - I'm sure this calculator is on the top of CASIO's porfolio - and available only in Eastern countries:

CASIO fx-50FH / 50F Plus

My CASIO fx-50FH playlist

Cs.
11-25-2022, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2022 02:11 AM by Matt Agajanian.)
(11-24-2022 07:55 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  
(11-24-2022 07:12 PM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  maybe they are using that as a test market. Could it be that if the CW is an international market success, Casio will make the CW available in the US?

It is not necessarily true - the Eastern market is huge, just imagine China's market. And in those schools there are recommendations for acceptable calculators also. I'm sure there is no HP accepted, but CASIO, SHARP and maybe TI accepted.

Just check this programmable unit - 680 program steps, 4 program area, 23 built-in equation, constants, 6 regression model, list based statistics with editor, solar+battery powered, very roboust and slim design, really good keyboard, sharp black good visible two-line display - I'm sure this calculator is on the top of CASIO's porfolio - and available only in Eastern countries:

CASIO fx-50FH / 50F Plus

My CASIO fx-50FH playlist

Cs.

Looks like a real contender. A question. From the looks of it, this seems like it’s a similar build as the 115ES Plus (First edition). To me, that means rubbery mushy keys that wobble around which makes it seem the keycaps would dislodge and fall off, unlike the keyboards for the 2nd edition 115 ES Plus, the 991EX Classswiz, which seem to have keys that feel more solid and don’t wobble around.

So, how is the keyboard quality of this 50FH II model?
Tried searching for the manuals. Found the 50F Plus manual.
Is there a link for the manual to the 50FH II?
11-25-2022, 06:32 AM
(11-25-2022 01:42 AM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  So, how is the keyboard quality of this 50FH II model?
Tried searching for the manuals. Found the 50F Plus manual.
Is there a link for the manual to the 50FH II?

I have only the fx-50FH, I don't know the 50FHII. The keys are hard plastic, not rubber (on 50FH). I never saw CASIO without keycaps, I can't imagine who can remove keycap during normal usage of a calculator... The keys are moves (wobbles as you wrote) but they are fixed. I use them years without any problem. The keyboard contrast very well, just check the picture below. The shape of keys also well designed, totally same as 570ES (or 115ES) the 1st edition (not PLUS).

The 50FH looks better, IMHO (and better than the other programmable model of CASIO, the 3650P). In 50FH most of 3650P's bugs fixed and programming model upgraded (see the Comparison link below), eg. added structures like

If ~Then {~Else} ~IfEnd
For ~To {~Step} ~Next
While ~WhileEnd
Break

Some great commands are programmable, eg.:
DT (statistical data input supported, unfortunately data delete NOT!)
Access to Stat registers from program available! (means you can use more storage registers AND with n as a counter and DT you can make loops without other register usage)

[Image: File:Casio_fx50FH.jpg] https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%8D%A1%...fx50FH.jpg

Check the 3650P/50FH comparison here: Comparison

Manual for CASIO fx-50FH here: MANUAL 50FH

Cs.
11-25-2022, 06:55 AM
Well, looking at the pic from the link in your post, I can see how improved the keyboard is. Much better than what I perceived. That manual looks to be a fascinating read. I’m sure it will make it all the more tempting to add it to my collection.

Thanks
11-25-2022, 11:32 AM
Having fx-50F Plus:
- no list based statistisc with edit, this calc has old style of inputting data (DT button with semicolon for frequencies)
- 7 regressions models
11-25-2022, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2022 09:08 PM by Matt Agajanian.)
Hi all. By reading the mamual for the fx-880, I got a massive amount temptation to buy this one! Question is, where can I find one to buy? Any idea, if I can buy it, how much? Yeah, there must be a hefty add for international shipping. Therefore, I might negotiate my budget.

So how much do I need to give the cashier and where can I get one?
11-26-2022, 09:19 AM
(11-25-2022 09:05 PM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  Hi all. By reading the mamual for the fx-880, I got a massive amount temptation to buy this one! Question is, where can I find one to buy? Any idea, if I can buy it, how much? Yeah, there must be a hefty add for international shipping. Therefore, I might negotiate my budget.

So how much do I need to give the cashier and where can I get one?

Try to find someone who lives there. I don't know, the Forum motor enables to search for Country.
As I can remember this model available in Turkey also, maybe from there you have great possibility to order one.
I wrote message and email also to Vietnamese official seller, the automatic reply arrived but real answer not yet (and it was approx 2 weeks before, so it is gone...)

Cs.
11-27-2022, 12:27 PM
fx-570CW and 991CW had released in korea several weeks ago. I bought it and compared to hp 50g and fx-570EX. Simple thoughts below:

- 4 greyscale display doesn't really noticeable.
- Calculator Forensics test result is 9+7.5528e-18. It improved internal precision to 23 digits. (Before was 15 digits for 570EX)

S.Korean / HP-50G | fx-570EX | fx-570CW | HP-200LX
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)