HP-41C keyboard less reactive in USER mode?
08-23-2022, 03:22 PM
HP-41C keyboard less reactive in USER mode?
Hi,
I'm still experiencing with my HP-41CX and I've noticed that in USER mode, it is less reactive.
I've assigned a few keys, -, +, x, /, 7, 8, 9, 4 and R/S.

When I press 1/x in normal mode, it is instant. But in USER mode, it takes more than 1 sec.

Is this normal? Because it surely seems strange.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2022, 04:19 PM
RE: HP-41C keyboard less reactive in USER mode?
that is normal behavior when your calculator's program pointer points to somewhere in a large PGM. then, your HP-41CX is trying to find labels LBL A .. LBL E and labels LBL a .. LBL e, which are automatically associated with the top row keys. to get rid of the delayed response, do a [GTO] [.] [.] to go to the .END. of the program. that should fix it.
08-23-2022, 05:23 PM
Is this because the key assignment is now stored in program memory which has to searched first? In lieu of going to the main hard coded function.

-Bill
08-23-2022, 05:42 PM
(08-23-2022 04:19 PM)Hans Brueggemann Wrote:  that is normal behavior when your calculator's program pointer points to somewhere in a large PGM. then, your HP-41CX is trying to find labels LBL A .. LBL E and labels LBL a .. LBL e, which are automatically associated with the top row keys. to get rid of the delayed response, do a [GTO] [.] [.] to go to the .END. of the program. that should fix it.

Thanks. This is it.
08-23-2022, 06:09 PM
(08-23-2022 04:19 PM)Hans Brueggemann Wrote:  that is normal behavior when your calculator's program pointer points to somewhere in a large PGM. then, your HP-41CX is trying to find labels LBL A .. LBL E and labels LBL a .. LBL e, which are automatically associated with the top row keys. to get rid of the delayed response, do a [GTO] [.] [.] to go to the .END. of the program. that should fix it.
To get around local labels (A..J, a..e) scan latency, I normally put all these labels nears the top of my programs.
Code:
| 01 LBL "LLDEMO"     | 07 LBL A            | 60 LBL 20           |
| 02 "HELLO WORLD"    | 08 XEQ 20           |    ...              |
| 03 AVIEW            | 09 GTO 99           | 78 RTN              |
| 04 LBL 99           | 10 LBL B            | 79 LBL 21           |
| 05 STOP             | 11 GTO 21           |    ...              |
| 06 GTO 99           |    ...              | 92 GTO 99           |

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)