Reversed Label HP-41
08-22-2022, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2022 02:09 PM by BillBee.)
Reversed Label HP-41
As it was raining yesterday morning I thought it would be a good time to revive a project calc. Typical lower post, zebra, ribbon issues (still to be resolved but I did see some signs of life btw) but I noticed the label was reversed. Smile

Pic is attached.

-Bill

(Edit - had to shrink to fit the pic)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2022, 01:56 AM
RE: Reversed Label HP-41
The back of this unit (or maybe the whole thing) is almost certainly from a BlankNut machine; these came without a rear label installed, though one was provided in the box if the owner wanted one installed, and it seems these were often installed backwards.

It's also possible the unit went in for service and needed a new back, and the service technician installed it backwards, but this seems far less likely.

--Bob Prosperi
08-23-2022, 11:07 AM
RE: Reversed Label HP-41
(08-23-2022 01:56 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  The back of this unit (or maybe the whole thing) is almost certainly from a BlankNut machine; these came without a rear label installed, though one was provided in the box if the owner wanted one installed, and it seems these were often installed backwards.

It's also possible the unit went in for service and needed a new back, and the service technician installed it backwards, but this seems far less likely.

Thanks for the insight Bob.

This one has been "been around the block" a few times.

-Bill

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)