Prime User Guide Up-to-date edition?
08-13-2022, 09:51 PM
Prime User Guide Up-to-date edition?
I have been referring to an edition of the User Guide with the colophon particulars:
© Copyright 2015–2017 HP Development
Company, L.P.
Third Edition: December 2017
First Edition: July 2015
Document Part Number: 813269-003

Is this the most up-to-date there is? I ask because there have been multiple software version updates since 2017.

Stephen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2022, 01:36 AM
RE: Prime User Guide Up-to-date edition?
Sadly, yes, that is the latest release...

--Bob Prosperi
08-14-2022, 10:18 AM
Ok then, thanks for that Bob.

Supplementary, is there a repository of release notes that go with the firmware updates? Most software comes with at least a readme file containing notes on changes.

I wonder if any of the HP company people that apparently visit this forum have access to any internal "work in progress" documentation? There must be some, somewhere and companies sometimes do do the right thing and release unsupported software into the public domain.

Stephen.
08-14-2022, 08:19 PM
(08-14-2022 10:18 AM)8031Brown Wrote:  I wonder if any of the HP company people that apparently visit this forum have access to any internal "work in progress" documentation? There must be some, somewhere and companies sometimes do do the right thing and release unsupported software into the public domain.

Sad to say, that the developers (Tim and Cyrille) who maintained the PRIME weren't allocated enough resources to complete what one would consider to be necessary. HP seems to have abandoned calculators entirely. Other like Morovia(?) took over, let's see if something really materializes over time.

Perhaps this list gives at least some information about what has changed over time.

Günter
08-18-2022, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the link but unfortunately I got this error:

"An invalid search was specified. Please go back and try again."

And I acknowledge the time and resources issue. And the frustration that it causes. That is why I wondered whether any unfinished, unreleased documentation may or could be made available.

Perhaps Moravia/Royal could ask HP to release such, on behalf of the user community.

Stephen.
08-18-2022, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2022 02:51 PM by OlidaBel.)
(08-18-2022 11:47 AM)8031Brown Wrote:  Thanks for the link but unfortunately I got this error:

"An invalid search was specified. Please go back and try again."

Hi,
there is this "Important thread" here, you can find it from the first HP Prime homepage :
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-818.html

---
HP 48GX, Prime G2, 50G, 28S, 15c CE. SwissMicros DM42, DM15L
A long time ago : 11C, 15C, 28C.
08-18-2022, 07:14 PM
(08-18-2022 11:47 AM)8031Brown Wrote:  "An invalid search was specified. Please go back and try again."

Sorry, obviously it didn't work as I naively expected. To get what I was looking for, go to the search function of this forum. Keyword "Public", search titles only, select "HP Prime", enter User Name: "Tim Wessman", show results as threads. Perhaps you'll see what I tried to show you Smile

Good luck, Günter

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)