Come contribute to MyCalcs, a website for all the graphing calculator collections!
08-02-2022, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2022 04:15 PM by Adriweb.)
Come contribute to MyCalcs, a website for all the graphing calculator collections!
Hello all,

I am here today to present to you one of my projects Smile
It is not very young (in fact it's been in beta since 2016...) but recently it evolved in such a way that MoHPC members could be interested... Smile

MyCalcs is a website to organize and show your collection of graphing calculators (regardless of their brand)
Right now, MyCalcs has 220 collector profiles, for a total of 2242 registered calculators (140 distinct out of 269 possible).

You should know that, for the moment, this website is in fact only a piece of what is happening on the backend, and which will come out later (not finished yet...)

At the beginning, it was only made for TI calcs, but after some time, I added all the graphing calculators that I could find on the internet... so obviously the Casio and HP models, but also for all more peculiar brands...

Current Features:
  • Account creation and login (there are mods/admins accounts with higher permissions, too)
  • Profile information (nickname, name, avatar, location, short-bio, links to other community site profiles...)
  • Addition of new calculators (with multiple identification fields (serial, datecode, revision...) + comment)
  • Variants of calculators almost all supported (ViewScreen, Colors...) and with specific thumbnails for the most part
  • Quick Facts, summarizing some statistics about the user's collection (total counts, by series...)
  • Global visualization of the collection, complete (with thumbnail images) + simplified (no images)
  • Filtering/Sorting of the various tables (click on column, and search bar)
  • Edition of the collection easily (directly inline, in the table)
  • Export Text+Excel+Printing for the collection
  • Identity cards of calculators + picture
  • Design somewhat responsive for mobile users
  • Connection/registration via TI-Planet with an existing account directly
  • List of collectors, filterable, with some essential statistics
  • Search page by criteria
  • Visual timeline of calculators, mostly populated for TI/Casio/HP only for now
  • Discord WebHook to notify the most keen collectors of new additions, with automatic comparison to the database to find out whether a particular model (TI only) is already known (at the hardware revision level, for the given factory, for the given datecode)

Page listing collectors and page of profile of a collector:
[Image: 1381_1503866334_59a32dde09c8b.png][Image: 1381_1483044837_586577e553698.png]
Page for editing your profile, to modify information in the table and add a calculator:
[Image: 1381_1483044836_586577e4d063a.png] [Image: 1381_1483044837_586577e51ac34.png]

Recent improvements::
  • Lots of variants added with their pictures and info, visible in the adding form and search page:
    [Image: V4Mayez.png]
  • Indications on where to find the information directly in the form:
    [Image: zG1NZSY.png]

More or less important things to do one day, and other random ideas:
  • Global Collections Statistics Page
  • Continue to complete the database to add model variants and various information
  • Continue to add pictures for models (and variants) that do not yet have one
  • Generator of image-signature
  • Integration with the TI-Planet profile (+ chat command) for one's MyCalcs profile
  • API (probably REST, and read-only, at least)
  • URL rewriting to have nicer addresses
  • French translation?

If you have any other ideas, please let me know!

Anyway, I invite you to register and fill your profile (even if you only have one calculator!)

MyCalcs is available here for all: https://my.calcs.quest/

TI-Planet.org co-administrator
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2022, 05:10 AM
RE: Come contribute to MyCalcs, a website for all the graphing calculator collections!
Hi, how I can add calculator Sencor SEC-101 which is not listed in drop-down list?
08-04-2022, 06:40 AM
RE: Come contribute to MyCalcs, a website for all the graphing calculator collections!
Ah, it looks like yet another clone (same as the Catiga CS121?).
I guess I missed it when looking for those - it will be in the database shortly, thanks!

08-04-2022, 07:21 AM
Don't worry, if there are "n" graphic calculators all around the world, you will always have "n-1" calculators in your database :-)
You are right, this sencor, which is regional mark in czechia and maybe in the eastern europe also, looks exactly as the catiga
08-04-2022, 08:08 AM
Haha maybe, but probably only because of weird clones Big Grin

Anyway, the Sencor SEC 101 is now available Smile

08-04-2022, 02:09 PM
Maybe you could offer a way to show groups of cloned machines?

I found I couldn't navigate from a specific machine in one person's collection to the list of collections containing that machine - is that worth adding?
08-04-2022, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2022 02:35 PM by Adriweb.)
(08-04-2022 02:09 PM)EdS2 Wrote:  Maybe you could offer a way to show groups of cloned machines?
Hmm probably when I get around to creating calculator pages, yes (the "clone" information is already part of the DB, alongside other "sibling_calcs" relationships (localized/region-specific variants, "SE" versions, "CAS" variants, etc.)

(08-04-2022 02:09 PM)EdS2 Wrote:  I found I couldn't navigate from a specific machine in one person's collection to the list of collections containing that machine - is that worth adding?
Right, you'd have to go through the search page... But since I didn't do any action on click, I just implemented that - calcs names are now a link to the search page for that particular calculator (and variant, if applicable) Big Grin
Thanks for the suggestion!

08-04-2022, 04:21 PM
Great! I hope you got some more users as a result of this thread...
06-30-2023, 04:37 PM
RE: Come contribute to MyCalcs, a website for all the graphing calcs collections!
For the end of the month, I have the pleasure to release a big update of MyCalcs!

Starting today, MyCalcs now handles graphing calculator accessories (according to certain criteria, see the page linked just before), and we have identified 193 of them (including 76 variants) in the database already.
The accessories in the DB have also been matched with 216 images (that was a lot of work, because almost all of them are Hi-Res, and had to be cleaned and transparentized...), and some of them even document the accessories in multiple angles!

[Image: zCjB65a.png]

Whether it's TI-92 modules (including prototypes), TI-Navigator, access-points Charging Stations for CEs, leather cases for your HP 49G, faceplates, collector slidecases for NumWorks, data collection device for Casio calcs, or even overhead projectors for Sharp ones... we should have "everything" Smile

Come help us improving community knowledge of the history of EdTech hardware, through the gathering of hardware revisions over time, for calculators and accessories! Just log onto MyCalcs, and fill in what you have via the integrated form on your profile, it's simple, free, and without any ads or tracking etc Smile Thank you in advance!

See for example my profile, by selecting "Accessories" at the top right :
[Image: 1381_1688140143_649ef96fe82f4.png]

In the near future, we will also add achievements related to accessories, in a similar fashion as those that exist today for calculators.

Other recent changes:
  • General dark mode improvements (CSS, favicon...)
  • Layout improvements here and there
  • Profile quick facts improvements
  • Added a "marketing sample" flag
  • Set variant filling as required for some calculators
  • Fixed several achievements
  • Fixed detection of a member's oldest calculator in some cases
  • Fix conflict between edit mode and filtering of the profile table
  • Added the "N-year club" badge at the top of the member profile
  • Update of several JS/CSS libs
  • Improvements/additions of internal moderation tools

Many thanks in particular to LogicalJoe and mr womp womp for their continuous feedback and contributions that have led to all these new features.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)