RPN Tutorial in retro style
06-11-2017, 10:18 PM
RE: RPN Tutorial in retro style
A most exciting, excellent, and completely comprehensive RPN tutorial! Makes learning RPN as much fun as it is to use.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2017, 11:09 PM
Does anyone have a copy of the final PDF file? The link in the OP is no longer working, and when I checked the version I downloaded previously, it has the 'invisible fonts' reported early on, so I guess I never downloaded a good/final copy. Contact by PM or email is fine, or maybe post a link to it if you can so others can get it too.

Thanks

--Bob Prosperi
06-12-2017, 06:34 AM
(06-11-2017 11:09 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Does anyone have a copy of the final PDF file? The link in the OP is no longer working, and when I checked the version I downloaded previously, it has the 'invisible fonts' reported early on, so I guess I never downloaded a good/final copy. Contact by PM or email is fine, or maybe post a link to it if you can so others can get it too.

Thanks

While the PDF is not there anymore, you can always print on a PDF file the original page.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2017, 12:57 PM
(06-12-2017 06:34 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  While the PDF is not there anymore, you can always print on a PDF file the original page.

If no one has the file this is an option; the results of printed PDF are rarely perfect, but much better than nothing. A careful re-reading of the thread revealed that Joe had made a PDF file that way which I now have, but I'm not sure if the source pages were final at that time. Thanks.

--Bob Prosperi
06-13-2017, 10:58 PM
(06-11-2017 11:09 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Does anyone have a copy of the final PDF file?

Here's the original pdf with visible fonts and colored backgrounds.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  RPN_tutorial.pdf (Size: 1.42 MB / Downloads: 113)
06-14-2017, 01:18 AM
(06-13-2017 10:58 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Here's the original pdf with visible fonts and colored backgrounds.

Thanks Dave

--Bob Prosperi
06-14-2017, 03:36 AM
Thanks, Hans for a really great tutorial. And thanks, Dave for a nicely formatted PDF.

John
06-14-2017, 04:55 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2017 04:55 AM by Matt Agajanian.)
(06-14-2017 03:36 AM)John Cadick Wrote:  Thanks, Hans for a really great tutorial. And thanks, Dave for a nicely formatted PDF.

John

I agree.

I felt like I was reading a manual or a revised version of HP's Spike/Spice booklet Solving Problems With Your Hewlett-Packard Calculator.

Extra praise for the tutorial's beyond-the-basics lessons on how to work through computations that seem to need more than a 4-register stack.
05-19-2020, 08:53 AM
I love how Hans succeeded in creating what is now considered by most to be the default tutorial detailing classic HP RPN; and the detailed appendices add even greater value with regard to HP's gradual move to RPL.

Such a pity Hans no longer posts on the forum. He's a real loss to the HP Calculator community.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)