HP41CL - The Easy Way
05-24-2022, 04:23 PM
HP41CL - The Easy Way
Just to let you know, I have posted a guide to the HP41CL in the HP41 Software Library here:
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-18403.html, it will also appear on Monte's website.

Based on my own experiences with the HP41CL I have written a hands-on guide for using the HP41CL with a minimum of YPEEK and YPOKE commands. Starting with simple tasks like MMU basics and ending with adding your own written ROM to the IMDB. I hope this will be helpful to many HP41CL owners. Feedback is appreciated.

Regards, Meindert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2022, 04:52 PM
RE: HP41CL - The Easy Way
(05-24-2022 04:23 PM)MeindertKuipers Wrote:  Just to let you know, I have posted a guide to the HP41CL in the HP41 Software Library here:
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-18403.html, it will also appear on Monte's website.

Based on my own experiences with the HP41CL I have written a hands-on guide for using the HP41CL with a minimum of YPEEK and YPOKE commands. Starting with simple tasks like MMU basics and ending with adding your own written ROM to the IMDB. I hope this will be helpful to many HP41CL owners. Feedback is appreciated.

I'll repeat it here too:

Great work Meindert!
And in 41 pages, too. ;-)

Thank you very much.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-24-2022, 05:29 PM
Hello Meindert,

Congratulation for your great guide.

I just did diagonal read and it seems to cover the base very well.
I will read it more carefully in the coming days.

Things that could be interesting to add:
  • MMU deactivation with an HP-IL module plugged in lead to a 41CL lockup.
  • MMU deactivation when the serial cable is plugged and/or unplugged.
  • 41CL update over serial (41CL Files page)
  • 41CL update over HP-IL (from Geir Isene)
Sylvain
05-24-2022, 05:45 PM
(05-24-2022 04:52 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(05-24-2022 04:23 PM)MeindertKuipers Wrote:  Just to let you know, I have posted a guide to the HP41CL in the HP41 Software Library here:

I'll repeat it here too:

Great work Meindert!

Thank you very much.
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice Smile

Regards, Meindert
05-24-2022, 09:00 PM
(05-24-2022 05:45 PM)MeindertKuipers Wrote:  
(05-24-2022 04:52 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  I'll repeat it here too:

Great work Meindert!

Thank you very much.
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice :)

Less than 41 minutes! :D

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-24-2022, 11:25 PM
Thank you!
05-25-2022, 11:00 AM
Really good document. I have approval from the Boss (wife) to go CL ~ Oct this year if funds remain stable and I finish a few home repairs - I hope she doesn't give a performance review. Smile

-Bill
05-25-2022, 12:29 PM
(05-25-2022 11:00 AM)BillBee Wrote:  Really good document. I have approval from the Boss (wife) to go CL ~ Oct this year if funds remain stable and I finish a few home repairs - I hope she doesn't give a performance review. Smile

-Bill

Congratulations on successful negotiations. The 41CL is the ultimate genuine 41 way to go, providing essentially unlimited options to explore 41 ROMS, programs, etc including all the classic esoteric modules (HEPAX, CCD, ZENROM, AECROM, etc.) and also all of Angel Martins modern wonders. And Meindert's new manual will lower the learning curve substantially. Good luck on successful home repairs!

--Bob Prosperi
05-25-2022, 12:59 PM
(05-25-2022 12:29 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(05-25-2022 11:00 AM)BillBee Wrote:  Really good document. I have approval from the Boss (wife) to go CL ~ Oct this year if funds remain stable and I finish a few home repairs - I hope she doesn't give a performance review. Smile

-Bill

Congratulations on successful negotiations. The 41CL is the ultimate genuine 41 way to go, providing essentially unlimited options to explore 41 ROMS, programs, etc including all the classic esoteric modules (HEPAX, CCD, ZENROM, AECROM, etc.) and also all of Angel Martins modern wonders. And Meindert's new manual will lower the learning curve substantially. Good luck on successful home repairs!

Thanks Bob! I was able to get the DM41x after a deck resurfacing and ironically enough I forgot to tell her it needs to be stained ~ every 2 years!

A wise man here told me (around the time I joined) "you need a backup to the backup and so on" truly prophetic words.

Have a good one!
Bill
05-25-2022, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2022 04:04 PM by aurelio.)
Thank you for sharing your job!
Very useful in 41CL usage and understanding, toghether with the Monte's manual, Sylvain's jobs and the other users' posts on this Forum Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)