Let's vote for suggestions and bugs
08-08-2015, 07:35 AM
RE: Let's vote for suggestions and bugs
One truly Wonderful feature still [ Missing ] from HP Prime is the Porting of Giac [ Longfloat ] / GNU [ MPFR ] Libraries, incorporating the ability for [ Arbitrary Precision ] Floating Point Arithmetic to HP Prime CAS [ Kernel ].

Its worth to mention that even HP 49/50g ( with all their hardware limitations ) have a third party [ Longfloat ] package ( available through HPCalc.org at [ http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=5363 ] ).

Also any Android [ Smartphone / Tablet ] with XCas/Giac App installed, do indeed have plenty access to Multiple Precision Floating Point capabilities, still [ Lacking ] from HP Prime ( although sharing similar ARM base CPU and hardware architectures ).

The task of Porting Giac Longfloat / GNU MPFR Libraries to HP Prime would be more than compensated and worth the effort, since it would allow HP Prime to be the [ First ] handheld [ Calculator ] with Longfloat CAS support at its [ Kernel ] Level.

Yours Sincerely, with Congratulations for the Superb idea of collecting all Suggestions and Bug Reports in Centralized Pages, allowing HP Staff to know HP Prime users most desirable and Wanted Features and Resources.

My Best Wishes and a Very Nice and continued Work to All,

Prof. Ricardo Duarte
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2015, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2015 04:47 PM by eried.)
Three more fixes added to the "Already implemented" list:
-Custom app icons
-Show CAS apps in Conn kit
-Datetime functions

The top 3 unsolved ideas/requests are:
[Image: 2015-08-09_1340.png]

Stats about the requests:
[Image: 2015-08-09_1344.png]

Most visitors are from Austria Tongue (1123 visits)

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-19-2015, 09:16 PM
Just to Note that " Add [ product ] function to Math Template key " has been finally [ Implemented ] on Kernel [ 8151 ].

Some of the [ Actual ] PDF [ Documentation ] still shows the [ previous ] Math Operations Template [ Picture ] on some pages of the Manuals and User Guides.

In a Next Post I will present the Full [ List ] of Pages from the PDF Documentation needing to [ Update ] the Math Template [ Picture ].

Yours Sincerely, wishing a Nice Work to All !
09-19-2015, 09:47 PM
Some [ Easy ] to Implement [ Menu ] entry additions still [ Missing ] are:

Include [ rsolve ] and [ seqsolve ] under CAS [ Solve ] Menu
and App [ Sequence ] sub-menus

Include [ ztrans ] and [ invztrans ] in [ Transforms ] Calculus sub-menu

Create a Math [ Statistics ] ( New ) Menu entry with

[ mean ]
[ median ]
[ quantile ]
[ quartile1 ]
[ quartile3 ]
[ quartiles ]
[ stddev ]
[ stddevp ]
[ variance ]

And a ( New ) Math ( Statistics ) [ Regression ] sub-menu with

[exponential_regression]
[linear_regression]
[logarithmic_regression]
[logistic_regression]
[polynomial_regression]
[power_regression]

Include [ pade ] [ arcLen ] [ residue ] [ implicit_diff ] [ function_diff ]
on CAS [ Calculus ] menu

Include [ matpow ] [ charpoly ] and [ ker ] in Math [ Matrix ] Advanced menu

Include [ expand ] [ factor ] [ exact ] as Touchscreen [ Buttons ] after [ sto > ] and [ simplif ]
in the absence of allowing for a [ Full ] user Customization of the 6 Lower Panel Buttons.

My [ preferred ] Suggestion still [ unimplemented ] is " Save / Load History in CAS " by Onkel Otto, since this is one of the Great Differences from HP Prime to TI Nspire ( which allows Saving in Distinct Worsheet files the actual command History Environment ).

Finally its interesting to point to a [ Desirable ] Feature which has [ Not ] been Fully ( and Correctly ) Implemented, which is the [ Compound ] Differentiation of Expressions within [ Multiple ] variables, by means of the [ Template ] slanted [d] operator symbol

See for Example: " Add [ n'th ] order Derivatives to Math Template key "

and

[ BUG ] REPORT: Distinct [ diff ] and slanted [d] operators Results for [ More ] than 1 Variable

at [ http://www.tricider.com/brainstorming/2eKfifdjarx ] Main Suggestion Page.

Yours Sincerely, wishing a Nice Work to all,

with the Hope of Continued Future New Improvements to HP Prime !
09-19-2015, 10:34 PM
(09-19-2015 09:47 PM)profrd Wrote:  Some [ Easy ] to Implement [ Menu ] entry additions still [ Missing ] are:

[ mean ]
[ median ]
[ quantile ]
[ quartile1 ]
[ quartile3 ]
[ quartiles ]
[ stddev ]
[ stddevp ]
[ variance ]

[exponential_regression]
[linear_regression]
[logarithmic_regression]
[logistic_regression]
[polynomial_regression]
[power_regression]

on CAS [ Calculus ] menu

Include [ expand ] [ factor ] [ exact ] as Touchscreen [ Buttons ] after [ sto > ] and [ simplif ]
in the absence of allowing for a [ Full ] user Customization of the 6 Lower Panel Buttons.

My [ preferred ] Suggestion still [ unimplemented ] is " Save / Load History in CAS " by Onkel Otto, since this is one of the Great Differences from HP Prime to TI Nspire ( which allows Saving in Distinct Worsheet files the actual command History Environment ).

Finally its interesting to point to a [ Desirable ] Feature which has [ Not ] been Fully ( and Correctly ) Implemented, which is the [ Compound ] Differentiation of Expressions within [ Multiple ] variables, by means of the [ Template ] slanted [d] operator symbol

and

[ BUG ] REPORT: Distinct [ diff ] and slanted [d] operators Results for [ More ] than 1 Variable

I [ think ] [ you ] [ have ] a [ weird ] [ fixation ] [ with ] [ square ] [ brackets ] Big Grin

09-28-2015, 07:33 PM
(09-19-2015 10:34 PM)eried Wrote:  
(09-19-2015 09:47 PM)profrd Wrote:  Some [ Easy ] to Implement [ Menu ] entry additions still [ Missing ] are:

[ mean ]
[ median ]
[ quantile ]
[ quartile1 ]
[ quartile3 ]
[ quartiles ]
[ stddev ]
[ stddevp ]
[ variance ]

[exponential_regression]
[linear_regression]
[logarithmic_regression]
[logistic_regression]
[polynomial_regression]
[power_regression]

on CAS [ Calculus ] menu

and

I [ think ] [ you ] [ have ] a [ weird ] [ fixation ] [ with ] [ square ] [ brackets ] Big Grin

This came since the Ancient times of ( Color ) [ Keystrokes ] sequences on such Beloved "oldies" and Marvelously printed past Manuals from HP 25, 67, 34C & 41C, just to name a few ...

In [ fact ] I usually adopt a personal "Graduation" scale of detail ( level ) Importance, by the intermixed use of [ ], " ", ( ), and Upper case, which in some sittuations may introduce a bit More "clutter" than a pure and simple Plain text.

Yours Sincerely,
with my Very Best Wishes to All !
11-27-2015, 06:15 PM
================================================================================​===
[ BUG ] REPORT: Distinct [ diff ], slanted [d] and Math differentiation [ Template ] operators Results for Differentiation with respect to [ More ] than 1 Variable
================================================================================​===

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be providing a Detailed [ BUG ] REPORT ( already described at the http://www.tricider.com/brainstorming/2eKfifdjarx page ), which may have been still unnoticed at all ( due to the vast number of suggested items on that page ).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The general syntax for [ Differentiation ] operator both by [ diff ] command or the slanted [d] symbol ( available from catalog ) is:

diff( expression, variable [, variable, [ ..., variable ] ] ] )

or

slanted [d]( expression, variable [, variable, [ ..., variable ] ] ] )

The results provided by [ Both ] forms of Differentiation should be the [ Same ], which unfortunately does [ Not ] happen for [ More ] than [ One ] variable ( even with Rev 8151 of the Kernel ), with only [ diff ] command producing the [ Correct ] result.

Take for example the Differentiation of x^2 * y^3 with respect to y and then to x by

diff( x^2 * y^3, y, x )

which Correctly produces 6*x*y^2

while by taking the Same compound Derivative by means of the slanted [d] symbol ( invoked from the command catalog )

[d]( x^2 * y^3, y, x )

Wrongly produces 0

If the Compound derivative were taken by Parts, even so the slanted [d] operator produces the Wrong result 0 by following the below order of instructions

First

[d]( x^2 * y^3, y ) correctly produces

3*x^2*y^2

if one now invokes the slanted [d] operator on the Produced last answer Result with respect to x one Correctly arrives at

[d]( 3*x^2*y^2, x )

resulting in 6*x*y^2

but if one applies a Chained slanted [d] operator, by means of

[d]( [d]( x^2*y^3, y ), x )

one arrives at the Wrong result of 0

Its interesting to Note that the slanted [d] Differentiation operator symbol, available from the [ Catalog ] of functions, presents a Differentiation [ Template ] at command line, while invoked, by the same way as invoking the differentiation Operator by touching on the Math Operations Template.

To make things a bit more Clear, from the Example provided, imagine one taking the following order of operations, by

First invoking Math Operations Template, then selecting the slanted [d] operator and entering the x^2 * y^3 expression at the numerator, and y variable at the denominator, producing the intermediate Differentiation only with respect to y

[d]( x^2 * y^3, y )

resulting in the Partial Result

3*x^2*y^2

if now one Invokes the Math Template again and selects the slanted [d] operator and uses the command [ History ], by means of the Upward motion ( of the four direction cursor ), and [ Selects ] the Previous entry [ Input ]

[d]( x^2 * y^3, y )

and press [ Enter ] as the Numerator expression to be now differentiated with respect to x variable ( at the Denominator ), one ends up with the [ Compound ] differentiation input first by y and then by x

which produces the Wrong result 0

If after invoking Math Template and selecting slanted [d] operator ( with respect to y variable ) instead of [ Selecting ] the Previous entry [ Input ] " [d]( x^2 * y^3, y ) " ( by means of the Upward cursor ) one [ Selects ] the previous entry [ Output ] " 3*x^2*y^2 " as the Numerator, and specifies the x variable at the Denominator, one Correctly arrives at

[d]( 3*x^2*y^2, x )

producing the Right answer 6*x*y^2

Its also interesting to note that while filling the Differentiation [ Template ] one may specify [ Compound ] Derivatives, by simply providing the [ List ] of Variables, separated by [ , ] Comma, at the [ Denominator ] of the Template.

So one may Select the slanted [d] operator from Math Template, and provide the desired expression like x^2 * y^3 at the Numerator and provide " y,x " as the Denominator Variables [ List ], which will effectively produce

which unfortunately produces the [ Wrong ] result of 0

Other Examples of [ Compound ] Differentiation just for Reference ( and to complement the provided example ), allowing for a Better compreension of What may be Actually going [ Wrong ] with [ Compound ] Variable Differentiation with the slanted [d] operator on Kernel 8151 of HP Prime are

[d]( [d]( [d]( x^n, x ), x ), x )

which produces the [ Right ] answer

while

[d]( x^n, x, x, x )

by providing the x,x,x [ List ] at the [ Denominator ] of the differentiation [ Template ]

produces the [ Wrong ] answer

n*x^(-1+n)

Its also interesting to note that

diff( x^n, x, x, x )

or

diff( x^n, x$3 )

produces the [ Right ] answer.

Its Clear that Distinct [ Compound ] Differentiation [ options ] provided by HP Prime by means of the [ diff ] operator command and the slanted [d] operator symbol ( from catalog ) and the Math Operations Template should be [ REVISED ] since undesirable Wrong results are Produced by Compounding the slanted [d] operator.

It seems that some sort of [ Distinct ] Operator [ Priority ] for the [ diff ] command and slanted [d] symbol may be causing such problems.

Yours Sincerely, with my Best Wishes to All,

Prof. Ricardo Duarte
04-23-2016, 08:51 PM
List of implemented things was updated.
"Grad support" request was removed from tricider, since it is implemented by 2016.04.14 r10077

Please use tricider only for requests and not for release notes of the firmware or request on tricider system itself (I do not control tricider)

06-24-2016, 11:44 PM
Funny how the most popular item is "fully integrate RPN" and the least popular item is "remove RPN".

I mean, I like RPN, it's interesting... But wow, you guys REALLY like it. Just saying.
09-10-2016, 08:22 PM
(06-24-2016 11:44 PM)iconmaster Wrote:  I mean, I like RPN, it's interesting... But wow, you guys REALLY like it. Just saying.

Smile It's "interesting" if it's something one has (relatively) recently been exposed to. But if you've depended on it all through college and your working life thereafter, it's something else entirely.
09-19-2016, 05:20 PM
I just wanted to bounce this thread again and re-state my desire for multiple equation solver like found on the 50g.

I believe this is the Hewlett Packard patent on that methodology:
https://www.google.com/patents/US5175700
10-10-2016, 05:01 PM
Edit protection for fomula's in sover app
When you have a set of formula's together you can save them in a separate app that is great.
Now when you open that app it is quite easy to destroy one or more of those formula's.
And if you edit such formula by accident the saved formula's in the app are also destroyed.
This is a 'saved' app so why not ask if you want to save the changes if you exit the app?
Or get a popup question if you start editing a formula in a saved if you really want to change that formula?
01-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Ir seems that the web page does not work properly. I cannot vote any suggestion.
03-02-2017, 12:10 PM
(01-12-2017 04:59 PM)Trastamare Wrote:  Ir seems that the web page does not work properly. I cannot vote any suggestion.

Sorry for the delay, I checked it right now and it is working ok Big Grin

08-12-2017, 01:38 AM
Backlight timeout option

Although certainly not a bug, I would like more than anything would to be able to change the screen (not calculator) timeout.

I believe it's set to 30s which, for me, is incredibly annoying. I have been spending a lot of time with my Prime and many times, I am looking at the screen thinking about what I am doing, or where I want to go with what I am working on.

Then, the screen dims. If I select Esc, I lose the screen I'm on. If I touch the screen (for example), the point on the graph I have selected changes ... ahhhhh.

Would it be difficult to add an option to modify the backlight timeout (similar to the TOFF auto off feature)?

Jim
08-12-2017, 04:47 AM
(08-12-2017 01:38 AM)Skyblues Wrote:  Although certainly not a bug, I would like more than anything would to be able to change the screen (not calculator) timeout.

I believe it's set to 30s which, for me, is incredibly annoying. I have been spending a lot of time with my Prime and many times, I am looking at the screen thinking about what I am doing, or where I want to go with what I am working on.

Then, the screen dims. If I select Esc, I lose the screen I'm on. If I touch the screen (for example), the point on the graph I have selected changes ... ahhhhh.

Until they make this user-settable, here are the two workarounds that I use. (1) When it dims, press Shift twice to brighten the screen without messing up anything you're doing. (2) Plug in a powered USB cable. It doesn't have to be connected to a computer; any USB power will prevent the screen from dimming. I use the supplied battery charger wall wart + USB cable.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
08-12-2017, 11:27 PM
(08-12-2017 04:47 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  
(08-12-2017 01:38 AM)Skyblues Wrote:  Although certainly not a bug, I would like more than anything would to be able to change the screen (not calculator) timeout.

Until they make this user-settable, here are the two workarounds that I use. (1) When it dims, press Shift twice to brighten the screen without messing up anything you're doing. (2) Plug in a powered USB cable. It doesn't have to be connected to a computer; any USB power will prevent the screen from dimming. I use the supplied battery charger wall wart + USB cable.

Thanks Joe, I appreciate the info.
11-08-2017, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2017 04:37 PM by salvomic.)
The New public beta is definite improvement, indeed!
However, some things could also be put in the plate:

• An Help system also for custom programs (CAS and HPPPL) to show in the Help; alphabetic order in Catalog -> User
• Anova 2 in Statistic 2 var
• A Probability App with every the CAS already included (and maybe others) distributions, graphic...
• Some advanced analysis commands in CAS, like Elliptic integrals (and Jacobi functions), Fresnel integrals, Bessel functions, Surface and Flux integrals...
• QPI as standard command in Home and CAS.

For some of them I put some ideas in the Prime Software Library, but it would be better to have them integrated in the FW and in a better way than I made Smile

Please, vote for those if you like :-)

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
11-10-2017, 12:32 PM
More stuff was fixed in the latest beta:

[Image: 11.10.2017-13.09.png]

[Image: 11.10.2017-13.22.png]

[Image: 11.10.2017-13.32.png]

12-12-2017, 06:23 PM
I'd like to see the install programs for the Prime Connectivity Kit and Virtual Calculator allow the user to change the install directory. I like to install all my programs on a separate drive from my system drive and the current installs won't let me.

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)