82143A Printer Issues
02-25-2022, 01:54 AM
82143A Printer Issues
Hello! I recently purchased an 82143A printer for my 41CX's (two halfnuts, one fullnut). An unusual thing happens when I connect the calculator to the printer in Trace or Norm modes. A line of asterisks prints with every calculator keystroke, regardless of which calculator or calculator port is connected. The calculator detects the module in the port when I execute CAT 2, so I'm guessing this is an issue with the cable between the module end and the board connection. I've downloaded the Service Manual, but this particular issue doesn't seem to be detailed within it. I'm a novice to this equipment, so I am hoping someone on this board might have some insight (maybe a way to check the cable without the ET module?). I've attached a picture of the printout to this post.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2022, 11:04 PM
RE: 82143A Printer Issues
(02-25-2022 01:54 AM)morrerw Wrote:  Hello! I recently purchased an 82143A printer for my 41CX's (two halfnuts, one fullnut). An unusual thing happens when I connect the calculator to the printer in Trace or Norm modes. A line of asterisks prints with every calculator keystroke, regardless of which calculator or calculator port is connected. The calculator detects the module in the port when I execute CAT 2, so I'm guessing this is an issue with the cable between the module end and the board connection. I've downloaded the Service Manual, but this particular issue doesn't seem to be detailed within it. I'm a novice to this equipment, so I am hoping someone on this board might have some insight (maybe a way to check the cable without the ET module?). I've attached a picture of the printout to this post.

I have an update. I bought a second printer and exchanged the I/O cable, and that resolved the issue. I'm now curious if anyone has experience diagnosing or repairing the I/O cables (determining if it's a cable or module issue), or maybe it's not worth the effort.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)