WP-31S Kudos
07-08-2014, 06:27 PM
WP-31S Kudos
I want programmability. I want clearer text labels.

I'm old enough that I (sometimes) recognize when I am whining. This implementation is wonderful! The keyboard is a joy to look at. It is clean and simple and functional. The feature set is extensive, even while only the most common functions are exposed. I believe those are are an excellent compromise for a basic scientific calculator. Referring to my whine about the text labels, that's really a complaint about the WP-34s. The alphas here are very readable, as is the rest of the keyboard. I bought this machine from Eric who, as usual, did a great job with the template. I am one happy calculator nerd this morning. Thanks to all involved!

Regards,
Howard
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2014, 07:31 PM
RE: WP-31S Kudos
Already tried the emulator, the lack of programmability leaves me a little sad (1KB would make me happy). However, it will certainly be a piece for my collection Smile . Until July 13th + shipping days) Sad

Best Regards
07-08-2014, 11:46 PM
Programmability was never intended for this one.

I also used up all the RAM implementing the UNDO functionality Smile

- Pauli
07-09-2014, 06:46 AM
(07-08-2014 11:46 PM)Paul Dale Wrote:  Programmability was never intended for this one.

I also used up all the RAM implementing the UNDO functionality Smile

- Pauli

I'm completely happy with the compromise. I just can't resist whining, even when presented with near perfection.

(07-08-2014 06:27 PM)Howard Owen Wrote:  I believe [the tradeoffs between keyboard and menu access] are are an excellent compromise for a basic scientific calculator.

Let me clarify that by "basic" I mean the functions exposed on the keyboard. This is still an advanced scientific calculator when everything is taken into consideration.

Regards,
Howard
07-09-2014, 07:32 AM
It was always meant to be a basic nonprogrammable scientific calculator (please see the corresponding older threads on this forum). There are a few commands 'under the hood' - especially concerning probability and statistics - exceeding this spec but they came for free.

Thanks for your kind words. And thanks to everybody here who contributed to the WP 31S becoming what it is now.

d:-)
07-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the clarification about the programmability. No doubt thanks to his efforts have made many people happy around the world. Thanks to all who contributed to the project (Walter, Pauli, et al.)

Best Regards

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)