covert with brackets works but with Store Arrow NO or does it
01-08-2022, 05:50 PM
covert with brackets works but with Store Arrow NO or does it
When doing conversions from one unit to another eg. Lengths in miles to cm works
It also converts with the shortcut STORE Arrow right.

However, doing that with Celcius to Farinhite does not work.
Convert() is the only way to do that. This kinda glitch is in the had Hand-Held a Virtual Calculator software as well.
Any answers to why?
Happy New Year to all, and to all a healthy and happy year ahead.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2022, 06:00 PM
RE: covert with brackets works but with Store Arrow NO or does it
On my Prime, it fails in CAS view, but it works just fine in Home view.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2022, 06:24 PM
(01-08-2022 06:00 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  On my Prime, it fails in CAS view, but it works just fine in the Home view.
Yes true. I thought it didn't work there but apparently, it does.
Every other convert I tried from CAS worked fine.
01-08-2022, 08:57 PM
From trying this, just now, my impression is that this is a PPL (“CONVERT”) vs. CAS (“convert”) issue. (That there are two conversion commands: “CONVERT” and “convert”.)

Note that, in the CAS screen, the command (entered via STO) shows as lowercase “convert” in the edit line, while in the Home screen, the command shows as uppercase “CONVERT”. Unfortunately, in the history, it is shown using uppercase… (in the CAS screen)

I’m thinking the CAS “convert” does not support Fahrenheit while the Home (PPL) “CONVERT” does support Fahrenheit.

(When I tried “CAS.convert(…)” in the Home screen with Fahrenheit, the same MKSA message was brought up as when using “convert” in the CAS screen.)
01-09-2022, 12:20 PM
(01-08-2022 08:57 PM)jte Wrote:  From trying this, just now, my impression is that this is a PPL (“CONVERT”) vs. CAS (“convert”) issue. (That there are two conversion commands: “CONVERT” and “convert”.)

Note that, in the CAS screen, the command (entered via STO) shows as lowercase “convert” in the edit line, while in the Home screen, the command shows as uppercase “CONVERT”. Unfortunately, in the history, it is shown using uppercase… (in the CAS screen)

I’m thinking the CAS “convert” does not support Fahrenheit while the Home (PPL) “CONVERT” does support Fahrenheit.

(When I tried “CAS.convert(…)” in the Home screen with Fahrenheit, the same MKSA message was brought up as when using “convert” in the CAS screen.)

Yes, the above is agreed upon. However, before this software was upgraded I believe it did convert in both Home and CAS. I am trying to find the past video.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)