Allschwil Meeting 2022
12-09-2021, 03:13 PM
Allschwil Meeting 2022
So, finally I'm getting back in touch after a long absence.
Yesterday I heard that some of you are worried about my health.
In summer I informed you that I am on sick leave from work and that I am struggling with depression and anxiety. In the meantime, a few months have passed and many things have developed:
Since about 5 weeks I feel very well - that means I feel stabilized. Since 3 weeks I am doing a work trial (12h per week) which is a lot of fun. I am allowed to do this at the "Fachstelle für Gestalten".
Personally, I have spent a lot of time in the wood workshop during the last months. You can see some exhibits in the attachment.

Hans-Peter Bieger and I are already in contact with HPCC regarding meetings in 2022. It is planned that the Allschwil meeting will take place one week before or after the HPCC birthday meeting, so that all our American and other overseas guests only have to travel once across the big pond and can visit the two most important European meetings at the same time. We can't announce exact dates yet, but it will be around the October / November time frame.

I hope this information reassures you a bit
I wish you all a blessed Christmas with or without family, lots of rest.
Don't buy up all the nice HP pieces I'm still missing!

Yours, Matthias
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2021, 03:30 PM
RE: Allschwil Meeting 2022
Hello Matthias,

Good to hear from you!

I wish also to have a depression, to make one of these beautiful wooden pieces. Smile

I will attend the 2022 meeting, whatever it takes, and if the Omega variant makes it possible.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
Find all posts by this user
12-09-2021, 03:54 PM
Good news, finally.

(12-09-2021 03:13 PM)HP-Collection Wrote:  Don't buy up all the nice HP pieces I'm still missing!

Is there still something you miss?!?

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
12-09-2021, 07:05 PM
Matthias,

Great news, so glad to hear you're getting better every day! Thanks for the update.

As for not buying up the rare items... I cannot make any promises... ;-)

As for your woodcraft, though I am intrigued by the 5th item you shared, I would like to place an order immediately for the 4th item (cutting board w/cross piece), it will go nicely in my kitchen. Big Grin

Good to know you have redirected your health issue into positive and creative energy! Some really beautiful, and also pragmatic artwork!

--Bob Prosperi
12-09-2021, 07:46 PM
We plan to hold the meeting over two days (Friday and Saturday) so that we have enough time for personal exchange. If possible again at the same place as last time but then in the big hall.
Currently I have requested the two variants October 28/29 or November 4/5.
Maybe by then the supply bottleneck for Tony's 97 chip will have been solved and we will have the first repaired devices in our hands. I have a 97 already waiting eagerly for the new pacemaker.

Best regards and with the greatest hope that the next meeting will take place
Hans-Peter
12-09-2021, 07:56 PM
(12-09-2021 07:46 PM)Hans-Peter Wrote:  Maybe by then the supply bottleneck for Tony's 97 chip will have been solved and we will have the first repaired devices in our hands. I have a 97 already waiting eagerly for the new pacemaker.

I have two of them. :)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
12-12-2021, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2021 03:53 PM by Jurgen Keller.)
Good to hear that you are recovering! Really nice pieces of woodwork, however, I'm missing a 41 wooden case :-)

It would be great to meet some of you guys in Allschwil in late 2022. I guess we would have many interesting topics to discuss - except the pandemic.
12-14-2021, 07:12 PM
Matthias,

Good to hear that you are on the way back, and I am eager to be on my way back to Switzerland!

Regards, Meindert
12-20-2021, 08:26 PM
Love the cutting board, absolutely gorgeous pieces.

So glad you are feeling better!

Would be wonderful to see everyone in 2022.

Cheers,

PeterP
12-30-2021, 04:36 PM
Hello, that’s a very good news!

I am looking forward to see you guys next year in Switzerland.

Best wishes to all of you!

Giancarlo
02-22-2022, 07:03 PM
Sali Mathias

The forum site tells me that I was last visiting this site in November 2015!!! Time is flying. I was not aware of your „indisposition“, but I gladly read that your back again. I also admired your woodwork - I am impressed.
I certainly hope to be able to participate in this year’s Allschwil-Meeting and I am looking forward to seeing you all again

Best regards
Stephan
03-08-2022, 07:25 PM
(12-09-2021 07:46 PM)Hans-Peter Wrote:  ... requested the two variants October 28/29 or November 4/5....

Is there any sharper information?

Jaco Mostert, Elec Eng
C47 on DM42, 42S, WP34C&S, 28C, 35S, 32Sii, had 11C; used 67, 85; iOS:42s, Free42, WP31S&34S, HCalc; OSX:WP34C.
03-08-2022, 09:13 PM
Yes there are some good news.

We have a contract for the weekend (Friday and Saturday) on 28/29 October with a 150m2 hall with good infrastructure in the same place as we held the last meeting (Oberwil near Allschwil). We can also have dinner together there and thus also cultivate friendship. I hope many of our HP friends will come and we can present exciting topics.

I am now also planning a partner programme for the (probably mostly female) companions with a cultural and an entertaining visit to our city, which is launching the Biggest Amusement Fair in Switzerland that weekend.

Hans-Peter
03-09-2022, 10:27 AM
@ Hans-Peter: I'm so happy to have you on board doing this organisation stuff! I feel well actually, but I'm still very busy.
03-09-2022, 04:48 PM
I'll be there unless things go worse beyond (I don't know) ...

Günter
03-12-2022, 01:37 AM
Hello,
This is a very good news!

I will participate to the event. My partner will join the trip and will probably attend to the alternative cultural event.

Thanks

Giancarlo
06-19-2022, 09:01 AM
Hans-Peter and I are already in the planning preparations for the Allschwil Meeting 2022. We will present you ia first draft about the schedule, side program for relatives, hotels and catering in a few weeks.

Only the dates are fixed:

Friday 28th and Saturday 29th October

So you can already look for train connections / flights.

I would like to remind you again that the HPCC will hold its 40th Anniversary Conference one week before, on 22nd and 23rd October. This was intentionally scheduled so that guests traveling from far away can attend both meetings in Europe.
06-25-2022, 06:24 AM
Thank you for the confirmation of dates. I have just now booked the overseas flights to attend the Allschwil Meeting! We will also be in London the weekend prior as well; I am so glad everything was coordinated to make it so those of us from the other side of the world can easily attend both conferences.
06-25-2022, 03:40 PM
(03-12-2022 01:37 AM)Giancarlo Wrote:  Hello,
This is a very good news!

I will participate to the event. My partner will join the trip and will probably attend to the alternative cultural event.

Thanks

Giancarlo
Recommendation for your partner: contact the people there https://www.uwrugbybale.ch/index.php/en
and your partner could have a sport training and learn underwaterrugby (if they have a training session at that date). Good stuff.
what is this? look at that video from 06:07 on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSRmeP1t...mpionships
I know.. the world is full of kind madness.. HP vintage calculator maniacs.. underwaterrugby.. etc.
;-)

HP71 4TH/ASM & Multimod, HP41CV/X & Nov64d, PILBOX, HP-IL 821.62A & 64A & 66A, Deb11 64b-PC & PI2 3 4 w/ ILPER, VIDEO80, V41 & EMU71, DM41X, HP75D
07-09-2022, 04:37 PM
Ahahah,
While my partner won’t be upset to have such an underwater training, I think that a museum will do the affair.
This time we are going to travel also with our 2y/o baby girl and benefit of the local events.

Thanks

Giancarlo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)