Allschwil Meeting 2022
10-08-2022, 09:46 PM
RE: Allschwil Meeting 2022
(10-06-2022 08:58 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Continuing with the tradition, are there any plans to have a a market plaza active during the meeting?

I for one will be bringing a few items in case there's interested buyers...

For shure you can trade, sell or buy stuff on the meeting. Bring along a container Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2022, 08:07 AM
Hello,
i have some books to give away for free like last time. sometimes i receive german manuals that i am not able to read a single word; nothing better than giving them away to the german/swiss friends over there :+)

We all have some spare things in our collections.

thanks

Giancarlo
Find all posts by this user
10-15-2022, 08:25 PM
The Ladies Programm for the Allschwil Meeting starts on Friday at 10:00am am at the Town Hall in Basel. The tram stop is called Marktplatz. Karin Rey (historian of Basel) will guide the ladies through the inner city. Depending on the weather and interests, the following is planned. Via Schifflände Rheinsprung up to Münsterplatz. Then a short guided tour of the cathedral and a short detour to Kleinbasel by Rhine ferry. Afterwards we will either go to the Museum of Antiquities or the Museum of Art. The guided tour finishes at 4 pm. Karin will not explain for 6 hours but she accompanies the ladies and gives information in case of questions. The guided tour is in English. You have to pay for the ferry and the entrance fees yourself. The guided tour as such is free of charge for the participants. As the Autumn Fair starts at 12 noon on Saturday, Karin will also give tips for Saturday for the visit to the Autumn Fair. Many people at the Autumn Fair can also speak English. So that I can let Karin know the number of participants, I would be glad if you could let me know via PMail.

Town Hall

The Station "Marktplatz" is the hamburger in the centre

Hans-Peter
10-24-2022, 07:33 PM
Our meeting is approaching with big steps.
We already have numerous registrations and presentations. All those who have not yet registered and who would also like to eat, please register with me by Wednesday. Spontaneous visits that do not eat are also possible at short notice.
All information, from the registration form to the side programm, will continue to be published on my website: http://www.hp-collection.org/meeting2022.html.
10-27-2022, 12:31 PM
Just arrived in Basel!
Great weather.
Drinking a small glass of white wine in the hotel garden.
10-27-2022, 12:42 PM
(10-27-2022 12:31 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  Just arrived in Basel!
Great weather.
Drinking a small glass of white wine in the hotel garden.

Sounds good, see you (all) on Saturday!

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
10-27-2022, 08:29 PM
We've enjoyed our last couple days in Basel. I even had a beer brewed in Allschwil last night (Kitchen Brew Session IPA).

It's unusual being in so many countries at once -- woke up this morning (and will soon go to sleep) in France, spent much of my day in Switzerland, and spent a few hours this afternoon in Germany.

Looking forward to tomorrow's conference!
10-27-2022, 08:47 PM
Looking to see you tomorrow at 10.30am

Matthias
10-27-2022, 10:18 PM
Have a great time guys, wish I there with you.

@eric - Please try to gather copies of all the presentations for next year's HHC drive.

Have a great weekend, hope it's nice Fall beer and wine-drinking weather. Smile

--Bob Prosperi
10-28-2022, 01:52 PM
As Bob said.... Have a Great Time! Wish I was There!

Sorry to have missed it, hope that all of you (or some of you) enjoy the CD/DVD!

For those of you overcome with FOMO, the CD/DVD has nothing to do with HP or Calculators and only a little bit to do with Switzerland. :-)
10-28-2022, 02:28 PM
I will not be there this year, but I wish you a great meeting !

J-F
10-29-2022, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2022 07:31 PM by floppy.)
Back home.
Just got a message from the Box86 maintainer he made a new version available for my PI2 B V1.1 (I asked for support). Confirmed/tested: PI2 B V1.1 (cheapest version) and PI4 (expensive) transform a PI board into a PIL-Storage (the grey box with PI4 board inside everybody could see works fine; looks only a bit decadent due to the whole costs) .. now you can throw your cassette recorder through the window; just dont forget to have a PIlBox and an HP-IL before you do this.
Thanks to all for the very very creative heterogeneous project thinking bringing new ideas (woodpecker chasing equipment with 2x HP71B and GPIO in a loop, working as project manager for expert system for the netherland tax office, Generalized AGM in RPN, starting MCODE in V41..).
I sold a printer for 100eur and spent 150eur for other things: no bankruptcy in sight.
etc. Lets keep in touch.

Update: PI2 B V1.1 confirmed to work

HP71 4TH/ASM & Multimod, HP41CV/X & Nov64d, PILBOX, HP-IL 821.62A & 64A & 66A, Deb11 64b-PC & PI2 3 4 w/ ILPER, VIDEO80, V41 & EMU71, DM41X, HP75D
10-31-2022, 07:50 AM
Thank you to Matthias and Hans Peter for hosting the Allschwil meeting.
There were a lot of new peoples this year and some that was unfortunately missing.
All the presentations were interesting, I was fortunate to get a beta version (s/n: 22) of the WP43 calculator and the newly released RCL40 book, which I already finished reading.
Today is a traveling day, ~15h of registration, checkpoints, waiting & flying (1h from Basel to Munich, 8h30 from Munich to Montreal).
Sylvain
10-31-2022, 12:23 PM
From me also a big applause for Matthias and Hans-Peter to organizing the event, and a compliment from my better half for the alternate program. Thanks to all the presenters, it was really fun.

Regards, Meindert
10-31-2022, 04:59 PM
I had a great time and was very glad to be able to attend. It was fun finally putting faces to the names of people who I had only previously talked to online -- sometimes for decades. Also a huge thanks to the organizers for making it happen. It once again reminded us of how we'd probably be happier living in Europe (though I may have a different opinion in January...).

My flights yesterday were thankfully uneventful and I returned home yesterday evening. Next task is to start editing videos of the two European conferences!
10-31-2022, 05:52 PM
Eric,

For those among us who are not able to take the time and expense to go in person, you're efforts to record for posterity are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
11-01-2022, 03:15 PM
Thanks a lot to Matthias and Hans-Peter for organizing this meeting at Oberwil! It was a pleasure to meet and talk to people that I till now have only known from the forums. The location (belonging to the Roman-Catholic Church of Oberwil) was very well equipped - they had even their own kitchen where the dinner were prepared and served by the friendly employees. Also an applause to them.
@Bob: The weather was fantastic! 24-25°C both days.
@Daniel: Thanks a lot for the CD. With your notice on the cover (mp3 files only NOT a CD) I tried to insert the CD in my PC but it was not able to read it! Then I tried my CD-player (DENON DCD-1520AE) and... what a surprice: 187 tracks of Swiss folk music from the 50s-70s! Even though it's not the kind of music that I usually listen to, it's nice to try something "new"! Smile
11-02-2022, 01:38 PM
(11-01-2022 03:15 PM)martin.pedersen Wrote:  @Daniel: Thanks a lot for the CD. With your notice on the cover (mp3 files only NOT a CD) I tried to insert the CD in my PC but it was not able to read it! Then I tried my CD-player (DENON DCD-1520AE) and... what a surprice: 187 tracks of Swiss folk music from the 50s-70s! Even though it's not the kind of music that I usually listen to, it's nice to try something "new"! Smile
Martin -- thanks for the info! You're the first person from the meeting that I've heard from. Also many thanks to the pack of mules for the transportation (Bob [from NY to Nashville] and Eric, Craig, Chuck [from Nashville to Oberwill] ). I'm glad the disks got there, and can only imagine the consternation and confusion their presence caused the organizers and the attendees!
11-02-2022, 02:17 PM
Dan,

I just finished listening to the music on your DVD late last night. I have to say, it wasn't like any music I heard while I was in Switzerland, but it was fun listening to the old music! Thanks for compiling and sharing it, and I'm sorry you weren't able to attend -- hope to see you at a future conference.
11-20-2022, 11:21 AM
Finally I also had the time to update the presentations and videos you created on my website.
Only the obligatory group photo is still missing...... But it will come, I promise.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)