Poll: Buy a 12c 30th Annivesary edition for $40-50 ?
This poll is closed.
Yes 65.00% 13 65.00%
No 35.00% 7 35.00%
Total 20 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

HP 12c 30th anniversary model ? get one or not ?
07-20-2014, 12:27 AM
RE: HP 12c 30th anniversary model ? get one or not ?
(07-17-2014 09:05 PM)Gene Wrote:  So, what do you think? Feel free to vote in the poll *and* post your thoughts.

Buy one at about $40-50 or not ?

I bought one, even when they were at a higher price. My situation is different than yours, though, as I had never owned a Voyager unit and have always wanted to try out that format. At present, I keep the 12c in a pseudo-brief-case to use when I'm not near my desk. My go-to unit continues to be the 50g for most things (for a variety of reasons).

For all the energy poured into the "true RPN vs. entry RPN" debates, I find that the most noticeable difference for me is the lack of display real estate on the 12c. Going back to a single-line unit feels very cramped, and in subtle ways I think I've gotten used to seeing the multiple stack levels as a visual cue for confirmation during chain calculations.

I must also admit that I've already had a couple of people recognize the 12c when I've used it, always with a certain respect. That has never happened with the 50g. Pulling it out in front of most folks usually generates comments like "what in the world is that?" Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2014, 01:25 AM
(07-17-2014 09:05 PM)Gene Wrote:  So, what do you think? Feel free to vote in the poll *and* post your thoughts.

Buy one at about $40-50 or not ?

Gene,

I make a policy of never doing "polls". You are an adult. If you have the money and want it, then buy it. If you don't have the money or don't want it, then don't buy it.

I just don't understand why you are asking for other people's opinion on this.

Buy what you want or like - who cares what other people think about it.

Just my opinion Smile

Bill
07-21-2014, 10:28 PM
Quite right, Bill!

I was curious what people thought of the relative value of the 12c 30th as an item to buy or collect and this is certainly the place. Also, since I had never done a poll, I was curious to do one.

So, I could certainly buy one, but I find the outcome interesting. :-)
07-22-2014, 12:24 PM
(07-21-2014 10:28 PM)Gene Wrote:  ... but I find the outcome interesting. :-)

An interesting thread, chock full of opinions, research, odd little facts and even a poll, all about the 12C. Who woulda thought?

Thanks Gene

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)