CAS Check Box not Functional?
09-01-2021, 04:04 PM
CAS Check Box not Functional?
When I create a new program, the CAS function checkbox doesn't appear to do anything. The program looks exactly the same whether the box is checked or not. I have a G2 with the 2021 05 05 version of the OS on the physical calculator and the 2021 06 09 version of the emulator.

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2021, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2021 11:30 PM by roadrunner.)
RE: CAS Check Box not Functional?
Apparently that doesn't work any more. In the older versions checking that box would just put the frame of a cas program at the start:

#cas
what_ever_name_you_typed_in():=
BEGIN

END;
#end
09-02-2021, 01:44 PM
That is because the new program structure lets source files be contained in a self contained unit. This can have separate but related files. You can have python, cas, ppl, resources, binary data, images, etc embedded together.

You are creating a "cas" source file. Everything works much cleaner now and is more self contained....

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
09-02-2021, 02:48 PM
(09-02-2021 01:44 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  That is because the new program structure lets source files be contained in a self contained unit. This can have separate but related files. You can have python, cas, ppl, resources, binary data, images, etc embedded together.

You are creating a "cas" source file. Everything works much cleaner now and is more self contained....

How can we combine multiple files?

Also, if it's not going to do anything, please remove the check box.

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)