Hardware Voyager Emulator
01-10-2022, 10:08 AM
RE: Hardware Voyager Emulator
(01-07-2022 12:58 AM)ekaww Wrote:  Hi,
You need to load the MEMORY CODE.

Hello!

Please give me a method to load the memory code!!!

I like the calculator!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you .....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2022, 12:16 AM
Since 3D printing the case is a hit-and-miss and not everyone has a 3d printer, I decided to try aluminum pcb boards as top and bottom cover, as someone on this thread suggested.

I kind of like it more than the 3d printed case, it feels heavy and solid.

On the negative side, it is printed on only two colors. But since it has screws on the top, you can easily attach an overlay.

Please check the YouTube video and let me know what do you think?

01-12-2022, 12:24 AM
(01-10-2022 10:08 AM)LuoDan2016 Wrote:  
(01-07-2022 12:58 AM)ekaww Wrote:  Hi,
You need to load the MEMORY CODE.

Hello!

Please give me a method to load the memory code!!!

I like the calculator!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you .....

Hi,

You need to request this file to agarza.
01-12-2022, 04:43 PM
(01-12-2022 12:16 AM)agarza Wrote:  Since 3D printing the case is a hit-and-miss and not everyone has a 3d printer, I decided to try aluminum pcb boards as top and bottom cover, as someone on this thread suggested.

On the negative side, it is printed on only two colors. But since it has screws on the top, you can easily attach an overlay.

This looks really good. Will there be a kit for sale including the case? I'm sure there would be a lot of interest on this forum!
01-12-2022, 07:06 PM
(01-12-2022 04:43 PM)Stevetuc Wrote:  
(01-12-2022 12:16 AM)agarza Wrote:  Since 3D printing the case is a hit-and-miss and not everyone has a 3d printer, I decided to try aluminum pcb boards as top and bottom cover, as someone on this thread suggested.

This looks really good. Will there be a kit for sale including the case? I'm sure there would be a lot of interest on this forum!

That's the idea, to include the aluminum boards with the kit.
But I would like to know what the community thinks.
01-12-2022, 09:19 PM
These look great to me. They give a good-quality finish but the open sides keep the “kit” look. Having only one colour isn’t a problem to me. The printing looks extremely clear.

It would be nice to buy one circuit board together with two (or more) sets of front and back covers, so that the buyer could change the covers, reflash, and have a different machine. Would you consider selling the covers separately to allow this?

Nigel (UK)
01-12-2022, 10:02 PM
Definitely like the looks of that one much better! The other options seem less classy, and don't lend the requisite gravitas to the device. I'd say go aluminum!
01-12-2022, 10:48 PM
(01-12-2022 09:19 PM)Nigel (UK) Wrote:  These look great to me. They give a good-quality finish but the open sides keep the “kit” look. Having only one colour isn’t a problem to me. The printing looks extremely clear.

It would be nice to buy one circuit board together with two (or more) sets of front and back covers, so that the buyer could change the covers, reflash, and have a different machine. Would you consider selling the covers separately to allow this?

Nigel (UK)

I agree. The "kit look" looks better (geeky).

And you can print the sides, which are very simple to 3d print.

Regarding changing the top/bottom panels, it's doable. But it would be easier to print an acetate sheet and screw it on top of the buttons.
01-13-2022, 06:05 AM
(01-12-2022 10:48 PM)agarza Wrote:  
(01-12-2022 09:19 PM)Nigel (UK) Wrote:  These look great to me. They give a good-quality finish but the open sides keep the “kit” look. Having only one colour isn’t a problem to me. The printing looks extremely clear.

Nigel (UK)

I agree. The "kit look" looks better (geeky).

And you can print the sides, which are very simple to 3d print.

Regarding changing the top/bottom panels, it's doable. But it would be easier to print an acetate sheet and screw it on top of the buttons.

Acetate sheet overlays might lose some of the good quality feel of the printed aluminium, even if easier to swap.

I would also vote for sets of printed panels so the user could reflash a calc then change panels. All part of the fun!
01-15-2022, 02:48 AM

Hello,

Why not have codefag of the lcd screen?
Please. ...
01-16-2022, 08:35 AM
Aluminium covers look great. The kind of product I would be proud to have and use.
There is no need to have other colors since you designed each key frame clearly.
My opinion: very good option.
And we could even find a pouch and create plastic overlays if needed.

Thibault - not collector but in love with the few HP models I own - Also musician : http://walruspark.co
01-16-2022, 10:48 AM
(01-15-2022 02:48 AM)LuoDan2016 Wrote:  Why not have codefag of the lcd screen?

I've puzzled over this, and I'm sorry to say I don't understand the question. Autocorrect trouble, or translation trouble??

(Maybe the second I post this I will realise...)
01-16-2022, 02:35 PM
(01-16-2022 10:48 AM)EdS2 Wrote:  

I've puzzled over this, and I'm sorry to say I don't understand the question. Autocorrect trouble, or translation trouble??

01-16-2022, 02:48 PM

No Time display ???
No date......

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-16-2022, 02:51 PM

No Time display ???
No date......

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-15-2022, 04:57 PM
We have a new firmware for the PX15.

It now supports 160 registers.
Also, since the PX15 is considerably faster than the original HP15, the delays were really short (PSE for example). So they delay routines have also been patch.

The new patched firmware is the work of J-F Garnier.

If you want to try it out, you can download here.
02-23-2022, 04:41 AM
(02-15-2022 04:57 PM)agarza Wrote:  We have a new firmware for the PX15.

It now supports 160 registers.
Also, since the PX15 is considerably faster than the original HP15, the delays were really short (PSE for example). So they delay routines have also been patch.

The new patched firmware is the work of J-F Garnier.

If you want to try it out, you can download here.

Would it be okay for me to pay for memory code of the font?
02-24-2022, 06:54 PM
(02-23-2022 04:41 AM)LuoDan2016 Wrote:  Would it be okay for me to pay for memory code of the font?

All design files can be downloaded. Check out Voyager
02-25-2022, 08:10 PM
I got my PX-15C kit in the mail today and put it together during lunch. It was kind of tricky to assemble the aluminum plates and plastic bumper, but I finally got it all together. You'll probably want needle-nose tweezers to get the standoffs installed if you're using the bumper (which replaces the set of washers that goes underneath the PCB).

It's very nice! It looks like it has firmware 0.88 installed already.

It would be great if the bumper had some kind of knock-out to expose the programming header, kind of like the battery slot, and also some rubber plugs to put in those two slots to keep debris out. As it is now, I'll have to totally disassemble it if I need to update the firmware. I'll probably Dremel an opening for the programming cable the first time I have to open it for an update.

Are there instructions for assembling the programming cable adapter? I can't tell from looking at it which side of the PCB each set of pins needs to be soldered on.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-27-2022, 05:51 PM
(02-25-2022 08:10 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  I got my PX-15C kit in the mail today and put it together during lunch. It was kind of tricky to assemble the aluminum plates and plastic bumper, but I finally got it all together. You'll probably want needle-nose tweezers to get the standoffs installed if you're using the bumper (which replaces the set of washers that goes underneath the PCB).

It's very nice! It looks like it has firmware 0.88 installed already.

It would be great if the bumper had some kind of knock-out to expose the programming header, kind of like the battery slot, and also some rubber plugs to put in those two slots to keep debris out. As it is now, I'll have to totally disassemble it if I need to update the firmware. I'll probably Dremel an opening for the programming cable the first time I have to open it for an update.

Are there instructions for assembling the programming cable adapter? I can't tell from looking at it which side of the PCB each set of pins needs to be soldered on.

On the AVR Programming Adaptor Image Gallery, you can get an idea of how to connect it.

I totally agree with your suggestions for the 3d bumper case. I will add a hole to access programming. And see if I can add covers to the holes.

Thanks for the feedback.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)