icon/link for unread posts is too small
07-29-2021, 03:18 PM
icon/link for unread posts is too small
Hello

First things first: I'm a happy user of the forum and I thank all the people making it possible!

What would make me even happier? A much larger icon pointing to unread posts. The green arrow that is used now is too small:

This screenshot is taken on my computer where it's not much of a problem but on a phone it feels much worse - my fat clumsy fingers tend to hit everything except the icon :-)

For comparison, a similar situation at swissmicros' forum:

The round icons on the left, i.e. the largest things to click, are pointer to unread posts. No problem on a phone.

Can you please make this forum a bit touch-friendlier by enlarging the icon?
Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2021, 04:32 PM
RE: icon/link for unread posts is too small
(07-29-2021 03:18 PM)vaklaff Wrote:  Hello

First things first: I'm a happy user of the forum and I thank all the people making it possible!

What would make me even happier? A much larger icon pointing to unread posts. The green arrow that is used now is too small:

This screenshot is taken on my computer where it's not much of a problem but on a phone it feels much worse - my fat clumsy fingers tend to hit everything except the icon :-)

For comparison, a similar situation at swissmicros' forum:

The round icons on the left, i.e. the largest things to click, are pointer to unread posts. No problem on a phone.

Can you please make this forum a bit touch-friendlier by enlarging the icon?
Thanks in advance!

Why don't you just zoom-in? So easy on a phone...

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-29-2021, 05:06 PM
(07-29-2021 04:32 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Why don't you just zoom-in? So easy on a phone...

Yes, I know and I do. But it's a workaround I and maybe others have to repeat over and over again. And sometimes not really easy when using just one hand. If (of course, this is the big IF) there's a simple configuration change to help us out, why not have it?
07-30-2021, 06:27 AM
If it's a long thread and I have followed it before I normally go thru "Last post" (after zooming in :-)) to the end of the thread ...
Andi
08-05-2021, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2021 11:26 AM by BINUBALL.)
I have just known that small green arrow represents unread post..
But small icon and bold title, isn't it enough?

S.Korean / HP-50G | fx-570EX | fx-570CW | HP-200LX
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-05-2021, 05:21 PM
(08-05-2021 11:24 AM)BINUBALL Wrote:  I have just known that small green arrow represents unread post..
But small icon and bold title, isn't it enough?

They have different purposes. The bold title brings you to the very first message of the thread (doesn’t matter if you’ve already read the message or not) while the green arrow brings you to the first unread message of the thread. I use the latter much more frequently.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)