HP Test Equiptment Restoration
07-14-2021, 04:01 PM
HP Test Equiptment Restoration
BobVA suggested I add a few details about the copy / Restoration project I completed as described here.

HP K10 59992A Battery Back Up

The front faces on vintage HP Equipment vary in color slightly I found a Tamiya Color that is pleasing and matches both the dark and the light face colors is called AS 16 Light Gray USAF

Decals are made using Hobby Lobby Water Slide Decal Paper and my regular printer. First print out everything on regular paper and lay it out on the instrument. Do this, look at it, take a break, look at it, take a break.. Patience is the key. then commit to the decal paper. DON'T FORGET TO USE TAMIYA CLEAR AFTER PRINTING AND BEFORE INSTALLATION OF THE DECAL. LINK HERE. WATER SLIDE PAPER

You can NOT print white so i made the decals a gray color (RGB 204 204 204) using Microsoft Publisher and the letters are transparent.

Any hole filling is done using JB weld. Cover the hole with tale on the back side fill in the hole with the JB Weld and let it sit for 24 hours before sanding. After sanding use as many coats of primer to achieve a glass like surface. then I do 2 coats of color wet sanding with 400 grit sandpaper between coats.

I used Tinkercad to design all the parts and my Anet A8 Printer and COEX PLA

Here is a link to the project Battery Back Up

My other Stuff for HP Greco Stuff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)