HHC2021 Web Site Is Now Live
07-03-2021, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2021 05:35 PM by Jake Schwartz.)
HHC2021 Web Site Is Now Live
Hi,
The web site for the upcoming HHC2021 Calculator Conference (in person!) has gone live for your perusal. It is located here. The conference will be held in Nashville, TN on Saturday and Sunday, October 2nd and 3rd. To see the info from many of the former conferences in years past, check here.

Thanks,
Jake
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2021, 05:51 PM
RE: HHC2021 Web Site Is Now Live
The conference committee does hope that a number of you will be able to come to the conference in person. It is always great to get to know people in real time rather than remotely if we can.

Any questions ? Ask them here and we will do the best we can to address them.

Gene
07-03-2021, 06:07 PM
I will definitely try to make it! I have to see if we have anything going on, and decide whether I'd rather drive or fly.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2021, 07:51 PM
I do hope that there will also be some visitors from Europe. Other parts of the world too, of course.
Wlodek
07-04-2021, 12:51 AM
Visiting from Europe may be complicated due to Covid rules. AFAIK the AstraZeneca vaccine is not approved in the US, and most Brits are vaccinated with that vaccine.

I have had the disease, have recovered and then they give me here only one jab (Moderna in my case), so I'm not sure if they would let me in if they see only one jab (concluding "not fully vaccinated").

Even between different EU countries this is already a puzzle. At the moment I sometimes cross the Dutch - German border because petrol is much cheaper in Germany but I'm not sure what I do is even legal. I'm just never checked.
07-04-2021, 02:07 AM
(07-04-2021 12:51 AM)johanw Wrote:  Visiting from Europe may be complicated due to Covid rules. AFAIK the AstraZeneca vaccine is not approved in the US, and most Brits are vaccinated with that vaccine.

I have had the disease, have recovered and then they give me here only one jab (Moderna in my case), so I'm not sure if they would let me in if they see only one jab (concluding "not fully vaccinated").

The US does not require vaccination to enter, nor does it even care. All it cares is that you have a negative COVID test taken within 3 days before your flight, regardless of whether you are vaccinated.
07-06-2021, 11:29 AM
May I ask: is there any material of conferences that we could access, download and read? As topics are important and are the result of researchs and great ideas of participants, it would be a great idea to register such material for future references.

Best regards,
Artur

ARTUR MARIO JUNIOR
BRAZIL
07-06-2021, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2021 12:52 PM by Sylvain Cote.)
(07-06-2021 11:29 AM)Artur - Brasil Wrote:  May I ask: is there any material of conferences that we could access, download and read? As topics are important and are the result of researchs and great ideas of participants, it would be a great idea to register such material for future references.
Eric Rechlin is publishing the HHC/HPCC YEAR USB Drive after the conference, you can buy the 2020 version HERE
Jake Schwartz is publishing the PPC Archive who also contains conference materials, you can buy the latest version HERE
07-07-2021, 11:49 PM
(07-04-2021 02:07 AM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  The US does not require vaccination to enter, nor does it even care. All it cares is that you have a negative COVID test taken within 3 days before your flight, regardless of whether you are vaccinated.

Currently all travel from the UK and the EU into the US is forbidden, negative test or not.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nco...tries.html
07-08-2021, 02:28 PM
(07-07-2021 11:49 PM)BruceH Wrote:  
(07-04-2021 02:07 AM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  The US does not require vaccination to enter, nor does it even care. All it cares is that you have a negative COVID test taken within 3 days before your flight, regardless of whether you are vaccinated.

Currently all travel from the UK and the EU into the US is forbidden, negative test or not.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nco...tries.html

Direct travel, yes, but stay 14 days in a different country and then you can enter the US. Of course, this would be difficult for most people.

I do hope this changes in the coming months, though.
07-08-2021, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2021 03:33 PM by Brian Walsh.)
Happy to see the conference is a go, even though online meetings via Webex and Zoom have been reasonably successful. I see Wlodek is scheduled to give a talk on HPCC's experiences using Webex. I hope he is present in person to give his presentation, not just virtually! The CHIP group here in the Chicago area has been meeting via Zoom ever since the pandemic hit, although at some point we may meet again at the usual location (Two Chefs restaurant).

I hope to attend and look forward to seeing everyone, especially since there is a chance this will be the last in person conference in the US. I will most likely drive there and potentially will be available to pick up someone at the airport -- email me (bpwalsh at gmail).

One thing not mentioned here is that there is a Google group/mailing list for the conference:
https://groups.google.com/g/hhc-conf
Registration is required.

Brian Walsh

(6951) [41] <1>
07-12-2021, 06:22 PM
Preparations continue for this year's HHC gathering. Hotel reservations are being made by attendees and speakers are working on their talks.

Lots of good things to discuss - there are always interesting talks.

If you have never attended a conference, consider this year's in Nashville TN. Register today.

(this announcement resembles a paid commercial, but it really is not... cmon, smile!)
07-13-2021, 08:31 AM
The sitemap page still shows

Reno, Nevada
September 21-22, 2021

Cheers, Werner

41CV†,42S,48GX,49G,DM42,DM41X,17BII,15CE,DM15L,12C,16CE
07-13-2021, 12:06 PM
(07-13-2021 08:31 AM)Werner Wrote:  The sitemap page still shows

Reno, Nevada
September 21-22, 2021

Cheers, Werner

That's where David lives! Seemed OK to him... Smile

--Bob Prosperi
08-07-2021, 02:06 PM
The site lists the hotel group code as [TBD]. Do we have the code yet for the special rate?

Thanks,
Dave
08-07-2021, 02:23 PM
No special code. Simply tell them you are coming for the HP conference and make sure you get the rate shown. If not, tell them you will check into it and will call back. Then give ** me ** a shout and let me sort it out.
08-26-2021, 04:00 PM
RE: HHC2021 - Vaccination Requirement
After discussion among ourselves and soliciting input from from people who have registered to attend this year's conference, the HHC 2021 committee has decided to require attendees to present proof of COVID-19 vaccination when checking in on-site. This proof can be a vaccination card or certificate, a photo thereof, or presentation of a vaccination app. You must present this proof in order to attend the conference.

Currently (8/26/2021), Tennessee has no official COVID restrictions such as mask or social distancing mandates, although many businesses may. It would be a good idea to bring a mask or two in case you visit a private business that has their own requirements.

The COVID situation can change rapidly. Please check your email (The HHC list) frequently between now and the conference date in case anything changes.

Thanks,

— HHC 2021 Committee

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)