Dieter
06-19-2021, 08:11 PM
Dieter
I am an active member on a couple of forums. On one I just stumbled across a post by a member who sadly is no longer with us. This made me think of Dieter, who I unfortunately never met in person. Has it really been two years since he left us? I really miss his posts. It makes me very sad he is not here anymore. I regret not having worked out he lived only 80km away. I could have easily met him. I always enjoyed his posts.

Harald
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2021, 09:06 PM
RE: Dieter
(06-19-2021 08:11 PM)Harald Wrote:  ...It makes me very sad he is not here anymore.

But you've remembered him. And that's a great thing.
06-19-2021, 09:49 PM
(06-19-2021 08:11 PM)Harald Wrote:  It makes me very sad he is not here anymore...... I always enjoyed his posts.
Harald
I fully share what you say. On the contrary to your comment, I live 15,000 km from Münster-Germany where Dieter Lefeling lived, and I worked intensively with him developing programs of all kinds together. He was fascinated with HP-67 and HP 35s

I miss him so much, very helpful and intelligent person. I wrote to the owners of the Foto Köster store, where Dieter worked, to find out what had happened to him, but they never responded. When I can travel to Germany I am going to visit Münster.

Thank you very much for writing this memory of my friend
Pedro
06-19-2021, 09:56 PM
Pedro, let me know when you travel to Münster. Maybe we can meet in memory of Dieter.

Cheers,
Harald
06-19-2021, 10:06 PM
(06-19-2021 09:56 PM)Harald Wrote:  Pedro, let me know when you travel to Münster. Maybe we can meet in memory of Dieter.

Cheers,
Harald
That will be great!!. My eldest daughter lives in Copenhague with her husband and we use to visit Hamburg, less than 300 km by car to Münster. I live in Argentina and pandemia still does not allow us to travel safely.

When I can travel I will write to combine
Pedro
06-19-2021, 10:11 PM
(06-19-2021 10:06 PM)PedroLeiva Wrote:  
(06-19-2021 09:56 PM)Harald Wrote:  Pedro, let me know when you travel to Münster. Maybe we can meet in memory of Dieter.

Cheers,
Harald
That will be great!!. My eldest daughter lives in Copenhague with her husband and we use to visit Hamburg, less than 300 km by car to Münster. I live in Argentina and pandemia still does not allow us to travel safely.

When I can travel I will write to combine
Pedro

Yes, please write when you are visiting next time. It is only an hour's drive up to Münster from Wetter where I live.

Cheers,
Harald
06-19-2021, 10:45 PM
(06-19-2021 09:49 PM)PedroLeiva Wrote:  He was fascinated with HP-67 and HP 35s

Gene: Yes, he was. He helped so much on the HP-67 Fun Rom for the DM-41X and 41CL machines. Dieter weighed in on all aspects.

Very knowledgeable and helpful.
06-20-2021, 08:12 PM
(06-19-2021 09:49 PM)PedroLeiva Wrote:  I miss him so much, very helpful and intelligent person. I wrote to the owners of the Foto Köster store, where Dieter worked, to find out what had happened to him, but they never responded.

So do I. Dieter was a master in extracting the maximum bit of accuracy out of the 10 or 12 digits available in our HP calculators. I wonder how he did that.
If you’re still curious about the causa mortis, just google for “
Dieter Lefeling ist tot”. I don’t trust automated translations, but it seems he was somewhat careless about his own health (like myself).

Greetings from the Selva :-)

Gerson.
06-20-2021, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2021 09:28 PM by PedroLeiva.)
Thanks Gerson -from la Selva- for the information about our common partner of MoHPC, Dieter Lefeling.
Take good care of your self
Pedro
06-21-2021, 01:38 AM
I miss him too.

He like to correct mistake or modify my program when I was first learning to
program the HP-12C I learn a lot from him.

Gamo
06-23-2021, 01:34 PM
https://www.trauer.ms/traueranzeige/diet...e-16421635
07-25-2022, 10:22 AM
Well, I'm very sad to realize Dieter is gone. He was such a brilliant mathematician and helpful person. He worked with me on eliminating loss of precision in some FORTRAN IV code.

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
07-25-2022, 03:39 PM
Gerson W. Barbosa wrote:

Quote:If you’re still curious about the causa mortis, just google for “
Dieter Lefeling ist tot”. I don’t trust automated translations, but it seems he was somewhat careless about his own health (like myself).

There is a discussion on this website:
https://de.rec.fotografie.narkive.com/Cn...ng-ist-tot

According to this Dieter was born in 1964 and died of Diabetes that was not treated prperly.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)