Long Live MicroPython TI Calculators!
05-20-2021, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2021 02:50 AM by Namir.)
Long Live MicroPython TI Calculators!
I received a TI-83 CE With Python programming yesterdayand the TI-84 with Python today! I bought both from Amazon (usa and germany) and both came from Europe(i think both from Germany). The TI-83 has a French keyboard. I read French so there is no problem. I didi set the display to English. I wrote my first Newton root seeking program in MicroPython and it feels wonderful! I was able to program it without looking at a manual!

:-)

Namir
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2021, 04:00 AM
RE: Long Live MicroPython TI Calculators!
Hi Namir,

That’s great news!

Would you know if mpmath, a somewhat popular (included in Sympy), arbitrary precision Python library that is written completely in Python, can be used in microPython?

Thanks!
Carey
05-20-2021, 12:15 PM
I'll probably pick up a TI-84 CE Python Edition when they come out in the US this fall. As lacking as I find the 84 CE in many respects (no binary/hex, no built-in unit conversions like Casio, slow), TI-Basic is very nice to program in, and the built-in real-time clock is very handy for data collection. Adding Python to the mix will just increase its usefulness even more.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-21-2021, 01:00 AM
(05-20-2021 04:00 AM)carey Wrote:  Hi Namir,

That’s great news!

Would you know if mpmath, a somewhat popular (included in Sympy), arbitrary precision Python library that is written completely in Python, can be used in microPython?

Thanks!
Carey

I don't know about on the TI-84 series but, in general, yes. MicroPython can import user-written libraries written in Python.

Tom L
Cui bono?
05-21-2021, 01:17 AM
I've been enjoying the Python on my Nspire CX II CAS. Within a week, I had written a pretty complete Connect 4 game on it (with the calculator doing a decent job of playing second player). Granted, I do program computers for a living, though the Nspire was my first use of Python.
05-21-2021, 03:01 PM
Hi, Namir! I have been a fan of TI calculators for over 35 years. Long live TI! But I can`t understand why the Pithon programming language attracts calculator lovers so much. Now, for 26 years, I have been regularly served by TI-85 with its excellent programming language and many mathematical features. I also have a wonderful TI-83+SE with BatLib from Zeda (Elnara) Thomas, CASIO 9860gii-2 with C.BASIC from Sentaro21. I still can`t understand why an engineer and mathematician need Pithon? Isn`t the HP-Prime or fx-9860gii (for general engineers and advanced students) enough? I`ve never seen an engineering calculation in my life that the HP-50g, HP-Prime, or fx-9869gii-2 couldn`t handle.
05-23-2021, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2021 05:32 PM by Eddie W. Shore.)
(05-20-2021 02:49 AM)Namir Wrote:  I received a TI-83 CE With Python programming yesterdayand the TI-84 with Python today! I bought both from Amazon (usa and germany) and both came from Europe(i think both from Germany). The TI-83 has a French keyboard. I read French so there is no problem. I didi set the display to English. I wrote my first Newton root seeking program in MicroPython and it feels wonderful! I was able to program it without looking at a manual!

:-)

Namir

The TI-84 Plus CE Python is added to the list of calculators to purchase, preferably either in a Mint Green, Purple, or Blue case. The coral red looks interesting too.

I did buy a French calculator recently: TI-82 Advanced (pre-Python)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-23-2021, 07:36 PM
(05-23-2021 05:30 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  The TI-84 Plus CE Python is added to the list of calculators to purchase, preferably either in a Mint Green, Purple, or Blue case. The coral red looks interesting too.

I did buy a French calculator recently: TI-82 Advanced (pre-Python)

I think mint green would be a suitable color for a python!
B^)

10B, 10BII, 12C, 14B, 15C, 16C, 17B, 18C, 19BII, 20b, 22, 29C, 35, 38G, 39G, 41CV, 48G, 97
05-24-2021, 03:20 PM
(05-21-2021 03:01 PM)Hlib Wrote:  Hi, Namir! I have been a fan of TI calculators for over 35 years. Long live TI! But I can`t understand why the Pithon programming language attracts calculator lovers so much. Now, for 26 years, I have been regularly served by TI-85 with its excellent programming language and many mathematical features. I also have a wonderful TI-83+SE with BatLib from Zeda (Elnara) Thomas, CASIO 9860gii-2 with C.BASIC from Sentaro21. I still can`t understand why an engineer and mathematician need Pithon? Isn`t the HP-Prime or fx-9860gii (for general engineers and advanced students) enough? I`ve never seen an engineering calculation in my life that the HP-50g, HP-Prime, or fx-9869gii-2 couldn`t handle.

There's a huge base of Python programs available for download. The number of programs written for any particular calculator is considerably less. Plus, with Python, you don't have to start from scratch if you switch calculators in the future.

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)