Ten HPs For Auction - Six are boxed
04-26-2021, 08:40 PM
Ten HPs For Auction - Six are boxed
I wish they had split this lot because I would love to have a 32s in the box.

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/120606958
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2021, 09:04 PM
RE: Ten HPs For Auction - Six are boxed
As usual: „This item cannot be shipped internationally.“...
04-27-2021, 11:09 AM
Nice lot, I'll watch it and see how high it goes. I have not looked at prices in a long time but boxed HP-15Cs with manual shouldn't be a bargain and even HP-32S rarely go below 50€ loose. I would not be amazed to see this going over one grand.
04-29-2021, 03:46 PM
Not my trusted auction service, sorry.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-30-2021, 02:16 AM
I don't get the excitement about this bundle.

+ Condition is stated as USED
+ Photos are too small/poor to accurately assess condition
+ One of the Voyagers is missing its logo (does not happen to devices in good condition)
+ The 32S at the bottom of photos 2/3 has a totally damaged LCD
+ One of the 32S in the middle has initials on the front face, below the LCD

Some folks may be willing to pay > $750 for this lot, but it seems like a poor gamble to me.

--Bob Prosperi
04-30-2021, 12:41 PM
"If" they were at the least powered on I can see the 15Cs going $150 - $200 with box and manual each on the Bay. Boxed 32's - could be similar.

But the "untested" word makes me quiver.

The high bidder must have an awesome wife or is single. Smile

-B
05-03-2021, 02:10 PM
I trade a bit on fleaBay. I pass on anything that is untested because that usually means it was tested and does not work. The exception would be if I was looking for a parts machine.

Story: I am in the market for a Sony A7S (original model) for low light photography. I found one that looked OK in the images and was shown operational. When it arrived, the screen would not fold flat. It was a damaged camera. On further examination, it had been dropped while on a tripod and the bottom plate was cracked.

I complained that these issues were undisclosed and asked for a refund. At first the seller balked (low trade count, so inexperienced). With some additional pressure he relented. If he hadn't, I'd have just turned it over to eBay for processing.

I managed to snag a good condition 15C awhile back. It was a grail calculator for me in graduate school. I had an 11C that got a lot of use that I won in a raffle (that doesn't happen often). It's a pity I sold it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2021, 01:47 PM
It went for $889.00
The final winning bid on this auction was out of my league at $889.

Expect to see them show up separately on eBay.

Alan
05-04-2021, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2021 02:38 PM by Siegfried.)
While I generally agree with your equalling "EBay untested" with "defective", I am not that sure it will hold true for this sale as well. The seller being a charity is imho less likely to misrepresent what they're selling and might simply not have tried to test what was probably a corporate donation (many of the same model in similar condition) for lack of batteries, etc.

The (lucky?) buyer will soon find out.

I would have had to add foreign shipping, customs plus a bribe for the wife, all facing a slower market in Europe, so I decided not to bid although I was tempted.

P.S.: It says "Randolph High School" on one of the manuals. If the lot really comes from a school, then wow to having pupils use HP-15Cs and HP-32S rather than the ubiquitous TI-30. The lot should probably go into a museum as "the last HP RPN calcs used in a school before TI took over for good" ;-)
(05-03-2021 02:10 PM)drdbthompson Wrote:  I trade a bit on fleaBay. I pass on anything that is untested because that usually means it was tested and does not work. The exception would be if I was looking for a parts machine.
05-04-2021, 02:39 PM
(05-04-2021 01:47 PM)striegel Wrote:  The final winning bid on this auction was out of my league at $889.

Expect to see them show up separately on eBay.

Alan

I will be watching ebay for a boxed 32s and hopefully it will not be anger-the-wife expensive. The one on ebay right now is so far out of line that I cannot even make an offer.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)