HP41C On Problem
04-25-2021, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2021 02:36 AM by teenix.)
HP41C On Problem
Hi all,

A HP-41C (2 transistor version) shows "Memory Lost" continuously on battery insertion and does nothing else. Any clues for the clueless. It's not the easiest calculator to fault find :-)

cheers

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2021, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2021 08:24 PM by aurelio.)
RE: HP41C On Problem
Hi Tony, I've found in a previous old post here a issue similar to the one you just met, if I'm not wrong. I've not read the epilogue, it seems unsolved.

Actually the first thing I thought this morning after reading you post was to wonder if you already tryed putting all the batteries upside-down into the battery pack, so I thought it was nonsense.....like when somebody wants to win the lottery without even buying the ticket Smile
Find all posts by this user
04-25-2021, 09:54 PM
RE: HP41C On Problem
(04-25-2021 02:36 AM)teenix Wrote:  Hi all,

A HP-41C (2 transistor version) shows "Memory Lost" continuously on battery insertion and does nothing else. Any clues for the clueless. It's not the easiest calculator to fault find :-)

cheers

Tony

First thing to check with this symptom is whether or not the ON key is shorted.

Second thing to check is the power connections. Battery block, springs in battery holder, CPU board connector. If the power is intermittent it can also cause this symptom.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)