HP-41CL and HEPAX-4H
04-19-2021, 09:49 PM
HP-41CL and HEPAX-4H
Hi,
I would like to use Angel Martin's HEPAX_4H code with my HP-41CL.
Has anyone done this? Are there instructions posted that I can follow to make this work?

Thank you,

Rich
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2021, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2021 07:43 AM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: HP-41CL and HEPAX-4H
(04-19-2021 09:49 PM)Richpal Wrote:  Hi,
Has anyone done this? Are there instructions posted that I can follow to make this work?

Absolutely, the ROMS are in the library. Use the mnemonic HEP2 to load the four ROMS, then you need to load and configure the HEPRAM as needed.

You can do this manually and you may have already done it for the "standard" Hepax-1D (which uses mnemonic HEPX), so it's exactly the same process. I typically use just one H:RAM page in my setup, i.e. 4K space.

The easiest way however is using the PowerCL_Extreme functions HPX4, HPX8, HPX16 which will load & configure 4k, 8k, or 16k of H:RAM in the machine. Make sure the pages are available. The function prompts with the range of pages for the chosen configuration (i.e. "HPX4 9-F_" asks on which page you want the H:RAM, etc). The function also plugs the HEPAX_4H ROM in the preceding page. Take a look at the PWRX manual for all the gory details.

HTH,

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it apply."
04-20-2021, 02:03 PM
Thank you so much Angel!
Your AMC_OS/X module looks incredible. I am looking forward to learning more about using that along with the HEPAX-4H.

Again, Many thanks for all of your labor!

Rich
04-26-2021, 10:51 AM
(04-20-2021 07:43 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  
(04-19-2021 09:49 PM)Richpal Wrote:  Hi,

Absolutely, the ROMS are in the library. Use the mnemonic HEP2 to load the four ROMS, then you need to load and configure the HEPRAM as needed.

You can do this manually and you may have already done it for the "standard" Hepax-1D (which uses mnemonic HEPX), so it's exactly the same process. I typically use just one H:RAM page in my setup, i.e. 4K space.

The easiest way however is using the PowerCL_Extreme functions HPX4, HPX8, HPX16 which will load & configure 4k, 8k, or 16k of H:RAM in the machine. Make sure the pages are available. The function prompts with the range of pages for the chosen configuration (i.e. "HPX4 9-F_" asks on which page you want the H:RAM, etc). The function also plugs the HEPAX_4H ROM in the preceding page. Take a look at the PWRX manual for all the gory details.

HTH,
Yeah...This is pretty cool! Smile
It's just like having HEPAX hardware in firmware.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)