Various HP41 equipment for sale [UPDATE]
04-15-2021, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2021 11:07 AM by MeindertKuipers.)
Various HP41 equipment for sale [UPDATE]
I have acquired some HP41 equipment that I will put up for sale. I want to offer it here first before putting it on TAS, I hope to find a good home for these things. All tested and working, except where noted. I will sell individual items or all in one sale, just let me know.
There is some more that I acquired, but still needs to be tested. There are specifically 3 disassembled HP41's (2* 41C, 1* 41CV) that could potentially serve as a donor for a 41CL. I also have the CPU boards, but this will take some more time to test. At least one needs to have a new connector block.

Please make a realistic offer. Will ship worldwide, shipping method and costs to be agreed. Will make photographs and provide more details after contact information is exchanged.

*** HP41CX in good shape, some wear on the logo, serial 2851S21152
Battery port cover, 3 port covers, battery holder with pretty new (I am told) batteries

*** HP41C in good shape, one tiny irregularity in the top left corner of the display
Serial 2217S42347
No battery charge port cover, 4 port covers
No battery holder!
With pouch

[SOLD] *** HP41C in good shape
Serial 2139S12235
With battery charge port cover and 4 port covers
With battery holder, no batteries
With pouch

[SOLD] *** HP 82160A HPIL Interface for HP 41 Calculator, tested

*** HP 82153A Wand Barcode Reader for HP41C/CV/CX Calculator
Works, but ROM not visible (no CAT 2!) only works with a ROM image in another device (MLDL2000, Clonix, 41CL)

[SOLD] *** 82104A Card reader, refurbish. Tested and works well. In original box (somewhat damaged) with manual

*** 82104 Card reader, works but cards slip all the time, should have new o-rings (I replaced the drive wheel with silicon tubing, but that does not work very well)

*** Many magnetic cards for the HP41, untested

[SOLD] *** HP 82143A Printer, works fine, with refurbished battery pack. With 110V US (!) charger
Comes with a full roll of printer paper

*** HP 82143A Printer, works fine, with original battery pack, cannot be charged. With 110V US (!) charger
Comes with a full roll of printer paper

[SOLD] *** 82120A HP41 rechargeable battery pack, not tested, assume not working. Shows some corrosion/slight leakage, mechanically in good shape

*** Surveying-1 Module 00041-14004 Module with overlay and QRG

[SOLD} *** Games Module HP 00041-14012 with manual and 3 overlays in original box

[SOLD] *** Math-1 Module HP 00041-15003 with 2 overlays, reference card in original box

*** Quad Memory module HP82170A, tested

*** 2* Single Memory module HP82106A, tested, labels removed

Picture at https://www.dropbox.com/s/j34zdipadke03r...0.jpg?dl=0

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Regards, Meindert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2021, 03:19 PM
RE: Various HP41 equipment for sale
You got me excited Meindert, but I see there are no MLDL2K devices here... Sigh... the wait continues...

--Bob Prosperi
04-16-2021, 04:21 PM
For want it's worth, my barcode reader also is not recognized by CAT 2, but it works fine on my 41CL with the wand module image plugged in virtually.
04-17-2021, 11:56 AM
(04-16-2021 04:21 PM)David Hayden Wrote:  For want it's worth, my barcode reader also is not recognized by CAT 2, but it works fine on my 41CL with the wand module image plugged in virtually.

Thanks for letting me know. I know this trick works in a real HP41with MLDL2000 or Clonix, the 41CL is something different and I have not tested it. Maybe the Wand ROM is a bit sensitive, this is the second unit that I have see this problem with.

Regards, Meindert
04-17-2021, 06:30 PM
(04-17-2021 11:56 AM)MeindertKuipers Wrote:  
(04-16-2021 04:21 PM)David Hayden Wrote:  For want it's worth, my barcode reader also is not recognized by CAT 2, but it works fine on my 41CL with the wand module image plugged in virtually.

Thanks for letting me know. I know this trick works in a real HP41with MLDL2000 or Clonix, the 41CL is something different and I have not tested it. Maybe the Wand ROM is a bit sensitive, this is the second unit that I have see this problem with.

I had one go out on me back when all this equipment was cutting edge. I suspect that it may have been my fault inadvertently pulling and inserting the module with the calculator on. I suspect given the nature of the device it was just more likely for people to be inserting and removing it a lot more than most devices leading to a lot more accidents. You could probably get away with it a few times with luck, but that luck will run out eventually.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)