I can't install extable on port 2
04-17-2021, 09:27 AM
I can't install extable on port 2
Trying to install extable what comes with jazz. But every time I try to copy extable to port 2, I get Insufficient Memory. extable's size is 115639 bytes. I have 203kb free memory in port 2, and 238kb in Home. I think It should be installed without any issue.
Another thing making me confuse is I can install extable on port 1. What's happening?

p.s. Because I've seen on jazz's doc "To using jazz, you have to install extable what comes with jazz folder", I think I cannot use extable what comes with emacs. Previously, I use that.

S.Korean / HP-50G | fx-570EX | fx-570CW | HP-200LX
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2021, 05:01 AM
RE: I can't install extable on port 2
(04-17-2021 09:27 AM)BINUBALL Wrote:  Trying to install extable what comes with jazz. But every time I try to copy extable to port 2, I get Insufficient Memory. extable's size is 115639 bytes. I have 203kb free memory in port 2, and 238kb in Home. I think It should be installed without any issue.
Another thing making me confuse is I can install extable on port 1. What's happening?

p.s. Because I've seen on jazz's doc "To using jazz, you have to install extable what comes with jazz folder", I think I cannot use extable what comes with emacs. Previously, I use that.

If you already have an existing extable installed, you need to delete it. First, detach it using the DETACH command. Then use PURGE to delete it. The extable that comes with Jazz is backward compatible with all other programs that need extable. The Jazz version adds a few extra bits to help quickly find the tables it needs for looking up names/addresses.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
04-18-2021, 08:04 AM
Thank you for your information. But I can't install extable on port 2 yet.
I purged extable with emacs using filer before detach that. Is this proper way to delete library? Now I can't also install extable with emacs..

04-18-2021, 07:14 PM
(04-18-2021 08:04 AM)BINUBALL Wrote:  Thank you for your information. But I can't install extable on port 2 yet.
I purged extable with emacs using filer before detach that. Is this proper way to delete library? Now I can't also install extable with emacs..

Your flash is probably fragmented. Look for FlashTools on hpcalc.org and you'll see why: there's several 128kbyte banks, in order to fit a large library like that you need a completely empty bank. Flashtools will hell you move libraries to other banks so you can clear one completely to install extable.
04-18-2021, 11:49 PM
(04-18-2021 07:14 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(04-18-2021 08:04 AM)BINUBALL Wrote:  Thank you for your information. But I can't install extable on port 2 yet.

Your flash is probably fragmented. Look for FlashTools on hpcalc.org and you'll see why: there's several 128kbyte banks, in order to fit a large library like that you need a completely empty bank. Flashtools will hell you move libraries to other banks so you can clear one completely to install extable.
Finally, I can install extable on port 2.
And there is library I purged only too. I have to know more about FlashTools.

04-19-2021, 01:53 AM
Huh? Must be a new feature on the site that removes the first 3 words of a post if it begins with "Thank you Claudio"...

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)