Keyboard design of ArithMax Entry
06-19-2014, 06:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2014 06:36 AM by Waon Shinyoe.)
Keyboard design of ArithMax Entry
As far as I can see, this community is quite keen on discussing the keyboard design ^_^.
So here is the design of ArithMax Entry, which runs EigenMath. It's case is based on a Chinese clone of CASIO fx-95es plus. Here it is! I'm looking for your advice.
BTW, the project is on https://github.com/nbzwt/ArithMax/

We are on the road toward mass production!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2014, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2014 06:41 PM by walter b.)
RE: Keyboard design of ArithMax Entry
Waon, nĭ hăo!
(06-19-2014 06:32 AM)Waon Shinyoe Wrote:  As far as I can see, this community is quite keen on discussing the keyboard design ^_^.
... I'm looking for your advice.

Before commenting anything, I'd need some "philosophy": This calculator doesn't show an "=" so it may be RPN - on the other hand there are "( )" and "[ ]" keys. So what's the basic operation principle? Thanks in advance.

d:-?

Edit: Personally, I prefer mathematical symbols over English abbreviations, e.g. √ over SQRT or 1/x over INV or e^x over EXP. NRT is hardly decodable unless you see it standing next to x^y. Printing English abbreviations is ok if you want to sell it to the British Empire exclusively, but you wrote about targeting mass production Wink
06-19-2014, 03:06 PM
Where's the user manual?
06-19-2014, 06:02 PM
(06-19-2014 03:06 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  Where's the user manual?

Asleep Wink
06-23-2014, 07:31 AM
(06-19-2014 01:40 PM)walter b Wrote:  Before commenting anything, I'd need some "philosophy": This calculator doesn't show an "=" so it may be RPN - on the other hand there are "( )" and "[ ]" keys. So what's the basic operation principle? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Personally, I prefer mathematical symbols over English abbreviations, e.g. √ over SQRT or 1/x over INV or e^x over EXP. NRT is hardly decodable unless you see it standing next to x^y. Printing English abbreviations is ok if you want to sell it to the British Empire exclusively, but you wrote about targeting mass production Wink

Unfortunately ArithMax is not an RPN calculator - it runs EigenMath so the keyboard is designed for it, and the manual is mainly based on the manual of EigenMath. (Though the manual is still asleep now XD)
(I realized the "=" problem soon after the post. Tongue)
Thanks for the advice! Here is a newer version of the keyboard.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)