HEPAX Apps ROM
04-02-2021, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2021 06:39 PM by Ángel Martin.)
HEPAX Apps ROM
This year's Easter egg hunting has been fruitful, with the finding of a MOD-file and companion manual ;-)

First of all, thanks to Steen Petersen once again for sharing the HEPAX prototypes and related material, some of those functions are included in this new module. (See this Thread for details)

Besides that, the ROM's main section deals with transferring data between X-Mem and the H:RAM FileSystem; a subject previously untapped. The user code routines rely on the HEPAX_4H (note the updated version also attached), The AMC_OS/X Module and the Library#4, so they're meant to be used together. Ideally you'll use it on the SY-41CL or DM-41X - but can also burn them on NoVRAM, Clonix, ML2k, etc.

Happy HEPAXing !

PS. Files removed - see updates at the end of thread...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2021, 12:34 PM
RE: HEPAX Apps ROM
Wonderful Easter present Angel, thanks very much!! Who might have imagined new HEPAX features so many years later, very cool!

Thanks to Angel for continuing to expand the 41 envelope and also to Steen for both creating HEPAX and sharing his library to stimulate these latest developments.

Looking forward to explore this.

--Bob Prosperi
04-02-2021, 03:09 PM
And thank you from me, too!

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2021, 04:14 PM
I join my voice to the crowd, by thanking you for continually pushing the limits and for giving us, mere mortals, more functionalities than ever for our beloved 41, real or emulated. Big Grin
04-02-2021, 05:58 PM
Hi Angel,
any chance of having an updated HEPAX_8H as well?
Two remarks:
on HUPDP (of course), you say:
"Limitations: Note that PCLPS will purge all programs located after the one being updated"
HUPDP will only clear programs it has first copied into RAM with PCOPY, so no others are affected.
The program file to update is not erased.
And somehow I never thought of using RCL M. I'll change it.
BTW HEPAX' DECODE is buggy: "1234567" RCL M DECODE shows 13233333536374 ?
(well that would be the DECODE from HEPAX_8H)

Cheers, Werner

41CV†,42S,48GX,49G,DM42,DM41X,17BII,15CE,DM15L,12C,16CE
04-03-2021, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2021 12:41 PM by Ángel Martin.)
(04-02-2021 05:58 PM)Werner Wrote:  Two remarks:
on HUPDP (of course), you say:
"Limitations: Note that PCLPS will purge all programs located after the one being updated"
HUPDP will only clear programs it has first copied into RAM with PCOPY, so no others are affected.
The program file to update is not erased.
And somehow I never thought of using RCL M. I'll change it.

So it's better than I thought, I'll get the description changed in the manual.

(04-02-2021 05:58 PM)Werner Wrote:  BTW HEPAX' DECODE is buggy: "1234567" RCL M DECODE shows 13233333536374 ?
(well that would be the DECODE from HEPAX_8H)

Thanks for the bug report. I've found and corrected the issue - will release it after I do some testing, stay tuned.
04-04-2021, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2021 12:20 PM by Ángel Martin.)
Here are the updates with the correction of the DECODE bug and with a few changes done in the HEPAX_APPS module.

I removed two duplicate functions that were in the HEPAX_4 already (RLSRAM and RAMTOG), replacing them with two new routines:

HASVFL: View H:RAM ASCIi File
HCPYAS: Copy H:RAM ASCII File into another

Let me know if you find other glitches...

PS. Updated attachments on April 6, 2021

Attached File(s)
.pdf  HEPAX 4H Extensions.pdf (Size: 1.6 MB / Downloads: 33)
.zip  HPX_PLUS.zip (Size: 78.21 KB / Downloads: 28)
04-04-2021, 07:19 PM
Aaaand, thanks once more!

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2021, 12:56 AM
@Ángel - Is the OSX file you included in the 2 April HPX_PLUS.zip a new version?

I want to add these newest versions of HEPAX_4F.mod and HPX_PLUS.mod (from the revised 4 April .zip set) to the SM MOD file .zip collection and not sure if the OSX file has also changed, as the file in the .zip seems to have a more recent timestamp than the last one released on 18 Feb.

I'll wait a few days so Werner and others can install it and from here and do some test driving before updating it.

Thanks!

--Bob Prosperi
04-05-2021, 06:34 AM
(04-05-2021 12:56 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  @Ángel - Is the OSX file you included in the 2 April HPX_PLUS.zip a new version?

I want to add these newest versions of HEPAX_4F.mod and HPX_PLUS.mod (from the revised 4 April .zip set) to the SM MOD file .zip collection and not sure if the OSX file has also changed, as the file in the .zip seems to have a more recent timestamp than the last one released on 18 Feb.

Yes, it is an updated version (shown by the later D/T stamp) that corrects one glitch in POKER when used in a running program.

So three new updates in total:

HEPAX_4H
HEPX_PLUS
AMC_OS/X

Thanks for keeping tabs witht this.
04-05-2021, 12:19 PM
(04-05-2021 06:34 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  
(04-05-2021 12:56 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  @Ángel - Is the OSX file you included in the 2 April HPX_PLUS.zip a new version?

Yes, it is an updated version (shown by the later D/T stamp) that corrects one glitch in POKER when used in a running program.

So three new updates in total:

HEPAX_4H
HEPX_PLUS
AMC_OS/X

Thanks for keeping tabs witht this.

OK, thanks for confirming. Can you please upload the -p6 and -p7 versions of the OSX (or just email them) and I'll update the .zip get it posted there.

Thanks!

--Bob Prosperi
04-06-2021, 06:41 AM
(04-05-2021 12:19 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  OK, thanks for confirming. Can you please upload the -p6 and -p7 versions of the OSX (or just email them) and I'll update the .zip get it posted there.

Updated already in the same post above -
04-06-2021, 12:26 PM
(04-06-2021 06:41 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  
(04-05-2021 12:19 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  OK, thanks for confirming. Can you please upload the -p6 and -p7 versions of the OSX (or just email them) and I'll update the .zip get it posted there.

Updated already in the same post above -

Thanks for the update Ángel, I'll get these added into the .mod file .zip pkg in the next day or two. I appreciate your help providing these, and of course appreciate the updates and new module! Smile

--Bob Prosperi
06-30-2021, 09:00 PM
Hi Ángel,

I have not been on the forum for a while, so I am happy to see this post.

Thank you for the kind words and thank you for compiling this. When I released the material I was not really sure how it would be used, but I think this is a very good representation.

Thanks,
Steen

PS: Fun fact: You actually posted this on my birthday - quite a coincidence ;-)
07-02-2021, 05:38 AM
(06-30-2021 09:00 PM)SteenPetersen Wrote:  Hi Ángel,

I have not been on the forum for a while, so I am happy to see this post.

Thank you for the kind words and thank you for compiling this. When I released the material I was not really sure how it would be used, but I think this is a very good representation.

Thanks,
Steen

PS: Fun fact: You actually posted this on my birthday - quite a coincidence ;-)

You're very welcome Steen, hopefully it's worthy of the great HEPAX legacy you created.

Belated happy birthday to you ;-)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)