WANTED: 71B port covers
04-19-2021, 04:12 AM
RE: WANTED: 71B port covers
(04-19-2021 01:32 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  DeoxIT will help contact and not harm anything, but it will also collect dust like any wet material.

The directions do say to remove any excess, so the connector shouldn't be wet. But, the new quick-drying aerosol should work great on cleaning gunk out of connectors.
https://caig.com/product/deoxit-dn5s-6n/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2021, 12:08 PM
(04-19-2021 04:12 AM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  
(04-19-2021 01:32 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  DeoxIT will help contact and not harm anything, but it will also collect dust like any wet material.

The directions do say to remove any excess, so the connector shouldn't be wet. But, the new quick-drying aerosol should work great on cleaning gunk out of connectors.
https://caig.com/product/deoxit-dn5s-6n/

Nice! This type is indeed news, at least to me. Thanks.

The price is not so nice however...

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
05-07-2021, 03:52 AM
(03-31-2021 04:41 AM)dmh Wrote:  I purchased a very nice 71B recently, however, I think it was parted out by the seller so has no port covers.

If anyone has any spare port covers (bottom, top, card reader front hole cover) that they can spare please let me know.

Hoping to find a reasonable price here rather than exorbitant auction site prices.

Thanks, dmh

Just a quick update to say I now have all the covers I was looking for :-)

I would like to send a big thank you to the two forum members who reached out to me directly and were able to provide the missing covers, both original and 3D printed.

Very grateful to these generous forum members and thankful for this forum.

Regards, dmh

Calculator Clique on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)