HP Calculators for sale including HP15C LE
02-21-2021, 03:30 PM
HP Calculators for sale including HP15C LE
Hi All,

Firstly, I'm not a frequent user on this site and I do understand that there's rules, written and unwritten, as to how to post. If I contravene any of these then I do humbly apologise.

I've reached the age where I realise that I no longer need all the calculators that I used when I went through university 40 years ago and it's time to get rid of them all. None of them would fit into the "mint" category, as they've all been well used and hence wouldn't be of much interest to anyone here. They're due for the big electronic heaven on a public auction site. I have attached a Word document itemising these and if there is, perchance, anything there that anyone wants, let me know. I'm not looking for eBay prices, in fact my wife just wants me to get rid of them.

The main point of this post are three HP15C Limited Editions, still in their original plastic shrink wrapped boxes, two with sequential serial numbers. I bought these when they came out as I thought my children may be interest in "real" calculators. But their enthusiasm waned when they realised there was only a single line display and no connection to social media. These are listing for stupid money on eBay and, again I'm not looking for those prices. I paid £90 for them in 2012 and will use that as a departure point. I have the original sales invoice if that's of any interest to anyone.

I'm based in London, UK (for postage costs), and am happy to ship internationally.

Thanks for your time.

John

.docx  HP Museum - Calculators for sale.docx (Size: 17.93 KB / Downloads: 178)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2021, 09:08 AM
RE: HP Calculators for sale including HP15C LE
Hi John

I'm interested in the HP-41 card reader and in the HP-41 Tape drive, what's your request ?
Thanks and take care !

(02-21-2021 03:30 PM)JohnNortje Wrote:  Hi All,

Firstly, I'm not a frequent user on this site and I do understand that there's rules, written and unwritten, as to how to post. If I contravene any of these then I do humbly apologise.

I've reached the age where I realise that I no longer need all the calculators that I used when I went through university 40 years ago and it's time to get rid of them all. None of them would fit into the "mint" category, as they've all been well used and hence wouldn't be of much interest to anyone here. They're due for the big electronic heaven on a public auction site. I have attached a Word document itemising these and if there is, perchance, anything there that anyone wants, let me know. I'm not looking for eBay prices, in fact my wife just wants me to get rid of them.

The main point of this post are three HP15C Limited Editions, still in their original plastic shrink wrapped boxes, two with sequential serial numbers. I bought these when they came out as I thought my children may be interest in "real" calculators. But their enthusiasm waned when they realised there was only a single line display and no connection to social media. These are listing for stupid money on eBay and, again I'm not looking for those prices. I paid £90 for them in 2012 and will use that as a departure point. I have the original sales invoice if that's of any interest to anyone.

I'm based in London, UK (for postage costs), and am happy to ship internationally.

Thanks for your time.

John

Edoardo & Alberto
02-26-2021, 01:21 PM
I am interested in lots B, K, L and P (as a meta-lot or B only). Could you please PM me with the price including shipping to Spain?
02-26-2021, 02:25 PM
What are you asking for lots U, V, and W (separately or together) with shipping to New Jersey?
02-26-2021, 03:01 PM
Hi John,

I am interested in items M&N.
PM Sent with shipping address.

My Collection: 55, 67T, 25PLP, 34C, 15C, 16C, 41CV, 41CX, 41-CL, DM41X, DM42, 42S, 48G, 71B, 75C, 95LX, HP-150, Portable+, HP-86, Integral PC.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-26-2021, 03:42 PM
I'm interested in the 15C (Lot D). Will send a PM.
03-09-2021, 03:16 AM
Has anyone heard back from John?

Just curious as I messaged him also and got no reply.

TIA, dmh

Calculator Clique on YouTube
03-09-2021, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2021 03:28 AM by twoweims.)
I have not.
My PM to him remains unread.

My Collection: 55, 67T, 25PLP, 34C, 15C, 16C, 41CV, 41CX, 41-CL, DM41X, DM42, 42S, 48G, 71B, 75C, 95LX, HP-150, Portable+, HP-86, Integral PC.
03-09-2021, 03:52 AM
Nada on my side either. I figured he's either not aware of the PM feature, or he was just a flake. Or maybe he just got super busy.
03-09-2021, 04:22 AM
I did receive an email reply from John the day after I replied, noting he was indeed very busy, and that he'd get back to me.

He last logged-in to MoHPC on the day he posted this, so it seems either he found a better way to sell them, or maybe is waiting for better bids?

Easy come, easy go...

--Bob Prosperi
03-09-2021, 06:58 AM
I haven't got an answer yet.
03-09-2021, 08:17 AM
I got a response. I think perhaps using the forum's email-a-member was what worked - I can't be sure, because I also sent a PM.
03-09-2021, 08:56 AM
I haven't been contacted so far ...

Edoardo & Alberto
03-10-2021, 04:58 PM
Hi John,

I'm interested in lot E (11C), please PM the price.

Thanks!
03-11-2021, 04:50 AM
(03-09-2021 08:17 AM)EdS2 Wrote:  I got a response. I think perhaps using the forum's email-a-member was what worked - I can't be sure, because I also sent a PM.

So did you manage to purchase anything?

Calculator Clique on YouTube
03-12-2021, 12:19 AM
Well, just to get my place in line.

If I read correctly, no one has yet asked for Q, R (S if already taken) or Z.

I would like those: Q, R, Z.

Will send PM.
03-12-2021, 08:26 AM
(03-11-2021 04:50 AM)dmh Wrote:  
(03-09-2021 08:17 AM)EdS2 Wrote:  I got a response. I think perhaps using the forum's email-a-member was what worked - I can't be sure, because I also sent a PM.

So did you manage to purchase anything?

No, but mostly because I wasn't sure I wanted the item!

But, this did seem to be a case where neither buyer nor seller was willing to name a price. Perhaps a case where neither is used to negotiating.

I'd recommend being direct: make an offer for the thing you want, for what it's worth to you. The seller might just want a low-friction sale.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)