No SEND button in the new firmware
06-10-2014, 06:17 AM
No SEND button in the new firmware
I notice the "SEND" button has diseppeared in the editors with the new firmware.
It was useful. Is there any reason ?

http://mic.nic.free.fr - Youtube - Facebook
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 09:22 AM
RE: No SEND button in the new firmware
(06-10-2014 06:17 AM)Mic Wrote:  I notice the "SEND" button has diseppeared in the editors with the new firmware. It was useful. Is there any reason ?

Recap from earlier posts: The rev 6030 firmware checks the hardware version, and if it detects that it's running on a hardware rev A machine, it disables the Send buttons (all of them). It ALSO grays out the DataStreamer app icon, AND does not show the wireless icon in the upper right corner drop-down menu, AND does not show page 4 of the Home Settings (the wireless setup).

All those things will (reportedly) only be supported on hardware versions after rev A. If you have the rev 6030 firmware installed, you can see your hardware version in Help / Tree / About.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2014, 09:44 AM
Ouch. HP giveth and HP taketh away....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2014, 09:54 AM
But the send button did exist & work in last firmware,
and I can't see any reason why the function technically could not be re-enabled.
It simplified direct communication between real and virtual calculator.
06-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Indeed, both "silent linking" (not having to select send / receive somehow) and "non-silent linking" are useful:
* for communication between with the calculator and the CK, silent linking is more convenient. Therefore, libhpcalcs implements silent linking;
* for communication between the calculator and the computer version, non-silent linking is more convenient.

For over a decade and a half, new TI calculator models have supported both modes.
06-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Strangely, you still can send from the virtual Prime to the actual calculator but not the reverse with 6030. Smells like agency approval issues or market manipulation to me, foul odors both ... just speculating. A decision was made to downgrade communication capabilities from 5447 to 6030, for whatever reason.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)