Convert Vol formula program Form Free42 to a Prime
01-13-2021, 06:55 PM
Convert Vol formula program Form Free42 to a Prime
Can you tell me if is possible to do a program on the prime for the volume formula ( L*H*W=V) or I need to input it all the time on the solver.

In Free42 I did this program.

00 { 31-Byte Prgm }
01▸LBL "VOL"
02 MVAR "V"
03 MVAR "W"
04 MVAR "L"
05 MVAR "H"
06 RCL "W"
07 RCL× "L"
08 RCL× "H"
09 RCL- "V"
10 END
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2021, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2021 07:34 PM by C.Ret.)
RE: Convert Vol formula program Form Free42 to a Prime
HI,

You don't even need to program anything.

Press the [ Apps ] button and scroll the screen down to touch the SOLVE application icon.

Select for example the E1 equation slot and press screen bottom ( Edit ) to enter your equation directly: W*H*L=V press [ ENTER ]

To solve for a problem, press [ Num ] button and you are in what is the closest thing on HP prime to a solver menu in the HP-42's style.

You can leave your equation in this slot forever.

To secure it, you can save it with a spécific name; select the SOLVE application icon and touch the bottom screen ( Save ). Edit the name, this create a dedicated application icon with all your equations save in it .
01-13-2021, 07:19 PM
Yes I was starting to think that a program was not needed.

By saving you telling to copy the solver app ?
(01-13-2021 07:14 PM)C.Ret Wrote:  HI,

Press the [ Apps ] button and scroll the screen down to touch the SOLVE application icon.

Select for example E. equation slot and press screen bottom ( Edit ) to enter your equation directly: W*H*L=V press [ ENTER ]

To solve for a problem, press [ Num ] button and you are in what is the closest thing on HP prime to solver menu of HP-42s

By security you can save it; selection the SOLVE application icon and touch the bottom screen ( Save ). Edit the name, this create a dedicated application icon with all equation save in it .
01-13-2021, 07:25 PM
I got it thanks for help Smile
(01-13-2021 07:19 PM)fs5qc Wrote:  Yes I was starting to think that a program was not needed.

By saving you telling to copy the solver app ?
(01-13-2021 07:14 PM)C.Ret Wrote:  HI,

Select for example E. equation slot and press screen bottom ( Edit ) to enter your equation directly: W*H*L=V press [ ENTER ]

To solve for a problem, press [ Num ] button and you are in what is the closest thing on HP prime to solver menu of HP-42s

By security you can save it; selection the SOLVE application icon and touch the bottom screen ( Save ). Edit the name, this create a dedicated application icon with all equation save in it .
01-13-2021, 07:49 PM
(01-13-2021 07:19 PM)fs5qc Wrote:  By saving you telling to copy the solver app ?

Yes, that the way HP Prime made it. It optional, depending on how you use your calculator.
Personally, having no more regular professional use of it, I never save any application, I weekly use the connectivity kit to archive programs and data.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)