HP-16C
05-12-2020, 02:29 PM
HP-16C
Hello,
Living in France i am looking for an HP16C in good shape.
Thank you for your proposal.
Regards
Eric
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2020, 06:42 PM
RE: HP-16C
Hi Eric,

Since you are new to the forums I do not know if you are aware of swissmicros.com. It is a company which produces clones of some popular HP models under emulation, actually running the original OS of the calculator. The devices are of very high quality. Many members here have one or more of them along with our HPs.

Welcome and best regards Smile

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
05-12-2020, 06:51 PM
I already own a DM16L, i just look for the original HP i use at the begining of the 80's ;-)
05-14-2020, 05:24 PM
The auction site eB is probably your best bet.

There's not likely to be many folk on here selling one, since it's a model with a small but faithful following Smile, although it's always worth asking as you did.

They come up on eB fairly often, but many are in the US, over-priced and unlikely to sell. And if French Customs are anything like those here in the UK, then you're likely to get slapped with high import duties and handling charges, or the expensive "all costs included" shipping option.

It may take some months for a reasonably-priced one to appear on eB, but it does happen; I got mine that way. Set a "saved search" and wait…

A mint example with box, case, manuals etc is going to be several hundred Euro. A well-used, but perfectly functional one, with just case, can hopefully found for nearer €150, if you're patient. And do keep an eye on the US ones, in case a cheap one appears, and you can bear the shipping & import costs.

The above is probably all obvious to you anyway, apologies.

Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot
Casio, Rockwell 18R
05-14-2020, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2020 07:18 PM by jch.)
Hi,
there is currently one proposed on 'le bon coin' :
https://www.leboncoin.fr/collection/1774471776.htm/
But the display seems defective, several segments are not displayed and the seller is asking for a 'serious proposal' Big Grin, but who knows, may be it can be fixed?
01-09-2021, 06:02 PM
I will be joining the 16C club soon, I bought a DM16L from SwissMicros.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-15-2021, 08:25 PM
In the early 2000s I had bought one for I think around 200 USD. From Ebay US plus shipping to Germany.

It's not mint but in good shape. Everything, every key, works.

Back then it was already quite sought after... Undecided

regards,
chris

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)