Few questions about HP65
12-07-2020, 03:07 PM
Few questions about HP65
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering a couple of things about my favorite calculator, the HP65

How complex would it be to add a constant memory feature ? Can it be done with the original logic board ?

How complex would it be to add the thousands ., by this I mean display a dot every three digits, i.e. like this 1.250,00

I also have found a reference to a couple of old number of the PPC articles where it is mentioned
something about attaching a printer to an HP-65, V2N6P2 which I guess is Volume 2 Number 6 (June 1975 ?)
and the title is HP65 connecting a printer and V2N9P20 HP65 Printer

Has anyone more info about these or other articles ?

Both appears to be in the PPC Cdrom which I don't have and there are some interesting articles about the HP67 as well
like a speed up switch installation ....

Thanks anyone for help and sharing ideas !
Take care !!

Edoardo & Alberto
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2020, 06:46 PM
RE: Few questions about HP65
(12-07-2020 03:07 PM)albertofenini Wrote:  Hi everyone,
I also have found a reference to a couple of old number of the PPC articles where it is mentioned
something about attaching a printer to an HP-65, V2N6P2 which I guess is Volume 2 Number 6 (June 1975 ?)

Both appears to be in the PPC Cdrom which I don't have and there are some interesting articles about the HP67 as well

Take care !!

In 65 NOTES Volume 2 Number 6 is an extensive article about the HP65 printer created by Heinrich Schnepf of Germany. The calculator attached to the printer similar to the TI calcs and the PC-100 printer, and mods to the calculator were required to bring out a connector to the surface.

In the next issue (V2N7) on the front page, it was mentioned that plans would be printed in the next issue and that local U.S. members had ordered printers.

In V2N8, it was mentioned that the circuit details had not arrived yet at the clubhouse, but copies of the 6 pages of schematics were available in German. The printer was a Brother International model JD-103.

Closeup views of the printer were published in V2N9 (pages 19-21).

The printer was mentioned again in V2N10P4, with 16 pages of printed material offered.

In V3N2P5 in the Trading Post column, it was mentioned that an Oregon member was planning to offer a printer kit for sale.

A speed-up switch for the HP-67 was mentioned in V4N10 on page 1, with a short followup article in V5N2P3 called "More 67 Speed-Up". Another short article titled "Simple 67 Speed Up" appeared in V5N5P16. Still another titled "67 Speed Up" appeared in V5N8P31. Finally, a long article called "67 - Normal & Fast" appeared in V5N9 starting on page 20 which included a diagram and internal HP-67 Photos.

Jake
12-07-2020, 06:51 PM
Thanks Jake
Do you know how can I have access to those articles ?
I’d like to buy the all collection if available
I’ll post later the link that has the complete index list
Are these available for download ?
Thanks for your reply
(12-07-2020 06:46 PM)Jake Schwartz Wrote:  
(12-07-2020 03:07 PM)albertofenini Wrote:  Hi everyone,

Take care !!

In 65 NOTES Volume 2 Number 6 is an extensive article about the HP65 printer created by Heinrich Schnepf of Germany. The calculator attached to the printer similar to the TI calcs and the PC-100 printer, and mods to the calculator were required to bring out a connector to the surface.

In the next issue (V2N7) on the front page, it was mentioned that plans would be printed in the next issue and that local U.S. members had ordered printers.

In V2N8, it was mentioned that the circuit details had not arrived yet at the clubhouse, but copies of the 6 pages of schematics were available in German. The printer was a Brother International model JD-103.

Closeup views of the printer were published in V2N9 (pages 19-21).

The printer was mentioned again in V2N10P4, with 16 pages of printed material offered.

In V3N2P5 in the Trading Post column, it was mentioned that an Oregon member was planning to offer a printer kit for sale.

A speed-up switch for the HP-67 was mentioned in V4N10 on page 1, with a short followup article in V5N2P3 called "More 67 Speed-Up". Another short article titled "Simple 67 Speed Up" appeared in V5N5P16. Still another titled "67 Speed Up" appeared in V5N8P31. Finally, a long article called "67 - Normal & Fast" appeared in V5N9 starting on page 20 which included a diagram and internal HP-67 Photos.

Jake

Edoardo & Alberto
12-07-2020, 07:03 PM
(12-07-2020 06:51 PM)albertofenini Wrote:  Thanks Jake
Thanks for your reply

Perhaps you should check here. It might help.
Jake
12-07-2020, 07:09 PM
That’s exactly where I found the title of the articles
What’s not clear is if once paid what material can be downloaded
I’ll write them and see thank you very much!

(12-07-2020 07:03 PM)Jake Schwartz Wrote:  
(12-07-2020 06:51 PM)albertofenini Wrote:  Thanks Jake
Thanks for your reply

Perhaps you should check here. It might help.
Jake

Edoardo & Alberto
12-07-2020, 07:24 PM
(12-07-2020 06:46 PM)Jake Schwartz Wrote:  In 65 NOTES Volume 2 Number 6 is an extensive article about the HP65 printer created by Heinrich Schnepf of Germany. The calculator attached to the printer similar to the TI calcs and the PC-100 printer, and mods to the calculator were required to bring out a connector to the surface.

Were there any calculator instructions that could use a printer? I'd be surprised if there were since there was no printer offered by HP and ROM space must have been too tight to include instructions to control a non-existent printer.

Tom L
Cui bono?
12-07-2020, 07:28 PM
Jake ...
I have realized only now that you are the guy who put together all of that material, right ?
Sorry for not realizing that before ...
Then, is shipping the usb the only way to get it ?
Where do you ship from and can it be shipped with tracking ?
Thanks a lot !
Take care !
(12-07-2020 07:09 PM)albertofenini Wrote:  That’s exactly where I found the title of the articles

(12-07-2020 07:03 PM)Jake Schwartz Wrote:  Perhaps you should check here. It might help.
Jake

Edoardo & Alberto
12-07-2020, 07:57 PM
(12-07-2020 07:28 PM)albertofenini Wrote:  Jake ...
I have realized only now that you are the guy who put together all of that material, right ?
Thanks a lot !
Take care !
(12-07-2020 07:09 PM)albertofenini Wrote:  That’s exactly where I found the title of the articles

Don't worry Alberto: it will pass italian customs. ;)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2020, 08:03 PM
Thanks a lot !
Take care !
When shipping international, a tracking number is indeed provided, which I can pass on to you.
12-07-2020, 08:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2020 08:03 PM by albertofenini.)
ciao Massimo
I know, but still in my experience every time it was not with tracking it went lost ..
Wouldn’t be nice to access a download site once the fee has been paid ?
Do you have that stuff and is it interesting as I think ?
Take care and stay safe !

(12-07-2020 07:57 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
Thanks a lot !
Take care !

Don't worry Alberto: it will pass italian customs. Wink

Edoardo & Alberto
12-07-2020, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2020 08:18 PM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
(12-07-2020 08:03 PM)albertofenini Wrote:  ciao Massimo
I know, but still in my experience every time it was not with tracking it went lost ..
Wouldn’t be nice to access a download site once the fee has been paid ?
Do you have that stuff and is it interesting as I think ?
Take care and stay safe !

(12-07-2020 07:57 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Don't worry Alberto: it will pass italian customs. Wink

Very interesting stuff, indeed.
In my pluriennal experience I wouldn't dare to say that each time a tracking number was not provided the item got lost. Yes, it happened, but in a very low percentage.
Sorry for your bad luck.
Have a nice evening!

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)