Selecting font hight from within a program
11-13-2020, 02:11 PM
Selecting font hight from within a program
Hi all,
In a new program I am making, it is necessary to have control over the font size on the screen. In home settings you can set the font size to small, medium and large. But apparently there is no variable associated with it, to set this up, at least I haven't been able to find one. I would really like to have control over this in connection with the alignment of text and lines on the screen. Does anyone know how I can set this from within a program? Sincerely, Karel.

I use HP-16C, WP-34S emulator, HP-35s, HP-48GX, HP-50g, and HP Prime G2.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2020, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2020 03:16 PM by Joe Horn.)
RE: Selecting font hight from within a program
See the built-in Help screen about the STRING function. It has an optional argument which allows you to control the font size, with more font options than just the usual three.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-13-2020, 10:11 PM
RE: Selecting font hight from within a program
(11-13-2020 03:15 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  See the built-in Help screen about the STRING function. It has an optional argument which allows you to control the font size, with more font options than just the usual three.

Dear Mr. Horn,
What I can tell from the help function is that it is mainly intended for formatting numbers. What I need is a function to place preset size letters and digits anywhere on the screen. Also, a black square must be placed in a single variable spot, which acts as a cursor, such that the digit below it is displayed as white transparent (like GXOR on the HP-50g). I don't know if that will be with the STRING function, and if it can, I don't know how. Maybe you can put me on the right path. I hope to hear from you soon. Sincerely, Karel.

I use HP-16C, WP-34S emulator, HP-35s, HP-48GX, HP-50g, and HP Prime G2.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)