Thread Closed 
To moderator (to move a thread)
06-10-2014, 09:26 AM
To moderator (to move a thread)
I respectfully suggest to move this thread in the link to another forum, e.g. to "Not remotely ...", since it basicly discusses a marketplace and not HP calcs.

Just my 20m€.
Find all posts by this user
06-10-2014, 11:29 AM
RE: To moderator (to move a thread)
(06-10-2014 09:26 AM)walter b Wrote:  I respectfully suggest to move this thread in the link to another forum, e.g. to "Not remotely ...", since it basicly discusses a marketplace and not HP calcs.

Just my 20m€.

Walter you're looking like a watchdog lately... Whassssuupp?!? Wink

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2014, 02:22 PM
(06-10-2014 11:29 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 09:26 AM)walter b Wrote:  I respectfully suggest to move this thread in the link to another forum, e.g. to "Not remotely ...", since it basicly discusses a marketplace and not HP calcs.

Just my 20m€.

Walter you're looking like a watchdog lately... Whassssuupp?!? Wink

Massimo, when I come across a thing I assess being suboptimal, I ask for improvement. That's all. KISS.

d:-)
06-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Just my 20m€.

I read the thread at your suggestion, There's not really another forum that it fits in better. General is the catch-all, inheritor of the old forum. We could lobby Dave to start an Auctions Forum but that would be a seldom visited place and would fragment us even more. Besides; after reading it, I learned something. I wonder if there will someday be a market for "vintage, rare" versions of the ebay mobile app...... but I won't spend a lot of time thinking on that.
06-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Wink RE: To moderator (to move a thread)
(06-10-2014 02:22 PM)walter b Wrote:  Massimo, when I come across a thing I assess being suboptimal, I ask for improvement. That's all. KISS.

And until now I was hoping to meet you someday Walter. Are people excluded from this policy? If not, you must make a LOT of requests... Wink

--Bob Prosperi
06-10-2014, 04:59 PM
(06-10-2014 04:49 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 02:22 PM)walter b Wrote:  Massimo, when I come across a thing I assess being suboptimal, I ask for improvement. That's all. KISS.

And until now I was hoping to meet you someday Walter. Are people excluded from this policy? If not, you must make a LOT of requests... Wink

Smile Don't be afraid: this policy is for objects exclusively. Quite often, you can change objects. Not so sure about people Wink

06-11-2014, 01:02 AM
(06-10-2014 04:59 PM)walter b Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 04:49 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  And until now I was hoping to meet you someday Walter. Are people excluded from this policy? If not, you must make a LOT of requests... Wink

Smile Don't be afraid: this policy is for objects exclusively. Quite often, you can change objects. Not so sure about people Wink

I'm sure ;-)

--Bob Prosperi
06-11-2014, 09:02 AM
(06-10-2014 02:54 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  
Just my 20m€.

I read the thread at your suggestion, There's not really another forum that it fits in better. General is the catch-all, inheritor of the old forum.

Well, I agree "General" is general in a way Wink so it covers all. Please note this "General" is located in "HP Calculators" though. And there is another subforum called "Not HP Calculators" - completing the picture.

Now: is eBay "HP Calculators" or "Not HP Calculators", that's the question. IMHO, the answer is easy. KISS.

06-11-2014, 02:17 PM
(06-11-2014 09:02 AM)walter b Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 02:54 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  I read the thread at your suggestion, There's not really another forum that it fits in better. General is the catch-all, inheritor of the old forum.

Well, I agree "General" is general in a way Wink so it covers all. Please note this "General" is located in "HP Calculators" though. And there is another subforum called "Not HP Calculators" - completing the picture.

Now: is eBay "HP Calculators" or "Not HP Calculators", that's the question. IMHO, the answer is easy. KISS.

I agree with db on this. The subtext of the General forum is:

Quote:Including all HP calculators except the HP Prime. Also HP news, general math and science etc. (Essentially this is the original HP forum.)

Emphasis added. Any topic that's calculator related and not explicitly separated out -- Prime (in the HP Prime forum) and the 34s (in the Not quite HP Calculators forum) -- is fair game for the General forum. I see the Not Remotely HP Calculators as a place for the threads that people used to start with "OT" in the old forum.

-katie

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-14-2014, 12:46 AM
(06-13-2014 11:07 PM)walter b Wrote:  Seems even reading/understanding two-level binomial structures is difficult ... maybe a language problem?

More likely a polite reaction to forceful categorisation by minor antinomies.
06-14-2014, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2014 01:47 AM by Mark Hardman.)
Could we please close this thread? A decision was rendered. The resulting discussion is generating more non-HP posts than the thread the OP found so offensive.

My thanks to the moderators for their consideration.

Ceci n'est pas une signature.
06-14-2014, 02:32 AM
Mark; Good idea. Will do, at your request. Why don't I think of these things?
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)