DM41X USB-usage
10-23-2020, 09:13 PM
DM41X USB-usage
Unfortunately I have another problem, this time with USB usage.

When I make the USB connection, the USB symbol is displayed on DM41X, but the directory of the flash disk does not open on the PC.
Then, when I select the option SETUP -> File -> 5. Activate USB Disk, the directory opens on the PC. But from this status screen (USB disk mode ...) I have no possibilities to trigger actions (read, write raw-files etc) because leaving this status screen is possible only by ending the USB-connection ("Press ON key to end").

What am I doing wrong here? Grateful for any helpful hinnt!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2020, 09:35 PM
RE: DM41X USB-usage
(10-23-2020 09:13 PM)JurgenRo Wrote:  Unfortunately I have another problem, this time with USB usage.

When I make the USB connection, the USB symbol is displayed on DM41X, but the directory of the flash disk does not open on the PC.
Then, when I select the option SETUP -> File -> 5. Activate USB Disk, the directory opens on the PC. But from this status screen (USB disk mode ...) I have no possibilities to trigger actions (read, write raw-files etc) because leaving this status screen is possible only by ending the USB-connection ("Press ON key to end").

What am I doing wrong here? Grateful for any helpful hinnt!

When in USB Mode, you cannot operate the 41X, it must remain in that mode (basically as a slave); all file operations must be conducted on the PC side.

You have to prepare files in the appropriate folders on the 41CX BEFORE you connect the USB.

Example: You want to save program EXP1 you entered into your 41X to a .raw file and then move it to the PC to use in V41

a. [alpha] "EXP1" [alpha] put the name of the program you want to save in Alpha
b. [shift] [SETUP] [1] [4] To select the "Save RAW Program..." feature
c. [Enter] to create a new file
d. "example" to specify the name of the file to save to
e. [Enter] to save the file
f. [shift] [SETUP] [1] [5] To "activate USB Disk" mode
A folder opens on your PC
g. click on the /PROG folder to open it (this is where /raw files are saved)
h. Drag the file example.raw to your desktop (or some other folder)
i. Start V41
j. Click "File" "Get User Code..." to open the file dialog box to navigate to where you saved the example.raw file
k. etc....

So you have to prepare the files on the 41X (or on the PC) and when all files are ready, then you start USB FAT mode and do all the file moving back and forth from the PC side.

hth

--Bob Prosperi
10-23-2020, 09:54 PM
RE: DM41X USB-usage
(10-23-2020 09:35 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  [quote='JurgenRo' pid='138094' dateline='1603487639']
... So you have to prepare the files on the 41X (or on the PC) and when all files are ready, then you start USB FAT mode and do all the file moving back and forth from the PC side.

hth

Got it Smile ... finally! Thank you so much Bob!!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)