HP Prime and directories
10-23-2020, 03:25 PM
HP Prime and directories
With my former HP 28 I could create directories to get a structure into the variables stored. For example there was a directory named "etec", another one named "wood" and a "tools" directory.

Each one of these directories could have a variable named "len" and all these "len" variables could have different content. Opening directory "etec" showed the right "len" variable for a project dealing with electronics.

My question:
How to create directories on the HP prime?

Thanks for any help!

Rolf
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2020, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2020 04:41 PM by Tyann.)
RE: HP Prime and directories
Bonjour
La Prime ne dispose pas de répertoires, la seule façon à ma connaissance, d'avoir plusieurs
variables du même nom mais différentes est d'utiliser les applications, une application peut être assimilée à un repertoire, la variable désignée sera celle de l'application active et pour appeler la même variable (même nom d'une autre application) vous pourrez utiliser 'NOMAPPLICATION.nomvariable'.
Espérant vous avoir aider.

Hello
The Prime does not have directories, the only way to my knowledge to have several
variables of the same name but different is to use applications, an application can be assimilated to a directory, the designated variable will be that of the active application and to call the same variable (same name of another application) you can use 'APPLICATIONNAME.variablename'.
Hoping to have helped you.

Sorry for my english
10-23-2020, 10:33 PM
I confirm there are no directories, and using custom Apps is a solution, but you can also create different programs, each of them exporting its own set of vars. You can then refer to them by prefixing the name of the var with the name of the program file, ie:
MECHANICS.LEN
SPEEDS.LEN

Beware of the reset of the variable values when you edit the code. To avoid vars being reset to 0, use AVars (you’ll find documentation here).

Thibault - not collector but in love with the few HP models I own - Also musician : http://walruspark.co
10-23-2020, 11:31 PM
Some other views on this topic.
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-79...ml#pid5952
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)