(41C) Drainage Engineer
10-14-2020, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2020 04:37 PM by SlideRule.)
(41C) Drainage Engineer
An extract from the Drainage Engineer & the Lake & Rivers Improvement Act, J.K. Young P.E., Noront Engineering Ltd., University of Toronto

"
     One of the major concerns to drain design today is that of erosion … drainage engineers have been criticized for not having due regard for erosion in drainage design … in the … publication "Design of Open Channel Waterways" … the problem of erosion … requires the calculation of the "Maximum Permissible Depth of Flow" for the particular type of soil. One of the computer programs that I will outline to you today will determine depth for you and allow you to vary the bottom width, channel slope, side slopes, and n value until you have the required "d" value for your design. It will also provide values for the flatter channel gradients more commonly found in drainage design …

… The mini computer that is demonstrated here is the HP 41C

While the HP41C is quite adequate to generate the information to supplement the Lakes and Rivers Improvement Act application, I do not wish to imply that it is the answer to all problems …

I hope that this presentation gives you a basic outline of the information necessary to support the application for location and design approval. A listing of the HP41C programs illustrated in this presentation is included with the proceedings. The equations in the programs … should be modified to suit your area. While these programs are believed to operate satisfactorily the writer disclaims any responsibility for their use by others.

HP-41C PROGRAM FOR FLOW CALCULATION - RATIONAL METHOD
 Program Listing
 01 LBL 11 "FLOW"

HP-41C PROGRAM FOR OPEN CHANNEL DESIGN
 Program Listing
 01 LBL 11 "OPEN"
"

BEST!
SlideRule
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)