[VA] 1st Anniversary of my HP site !
09-20-2020, 10:23 PM
[VA] 1st Anniversary of my HP site !

Hi, all:

Today is the 1st Anniversary of my HP site, which I announced here on Sep,20 2019:

Good News, Everyone: Announcing my brand-new HP-related site !

My as-plain-as-it-gets site started by offering 324 files (all of them PDF or JPG) for annoyance-free free view and download to those interested, including my 32 published HP Articles, 10 HP Programs and 23 HP Pictures, among many other goodies.

Right now, exactly a year later, I've had about 12,000 visitors and over 32,000 downloads, for which I'm very grateful (that of course didn't make either me or Eric a single cent) and after 20 Updates there are now 570 files available including 38 HP Articles, 24 HP Programs and 53 fully commented and linked HP Pictures ... oh, and 16 HP Calc Brochures ..., among many other goodies, such as 66 files related to SHARP Pocket Computers (Articles, Programs, Pictures, ...) and 26 files related to Computer Chess.

Thanks a lot to those of you who visited, downloaded, commented (one or two, you know who you are ...) and in general showed some interest in my efforts, truly truly very much appreciated. Smile

For what's worth, I intend to relentlessly continue creating and uploading additional materials, matter of fact I have already 10 unpublished Articles fully ready for uploading, beginning with a (IMNSHO) very good one (15 pages) which will be part of Update #21 early next month.

Thanks again, keep those comments comming (sic), perhaps the grand total will raise to three !! ... Smile

Best regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2020, 11:18 PM
RE: [VA] 1st Anniversary of my HP site !
Thanks for the interesting materials as well as all the time / effort you have spent to share them.

I suspect I am merely one of many who check out each update!
Find all posts by this user
09-21-2020, 01:29 AM
Remain relentless Valentin, keep on publishing! Smile

Like Gene, I read and enjoy them all even if not commenting on every one, and I'm sure many people here read, learn and enjoy them too.

--Bob Prosperi
09-21-2020, 08:31 AM
(09-21-2020 01:29 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  I'm sure many people here read, learn and enjoy them too.

Sure, we do!

Thanks again, Valentin.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
09-21-2020, 10:06 AM
Much appreciated Valentin! In FIX 0 terms, I think you can say you've doubled in a year.
09-21-2020, 03:33 PM
Happy birthday !
09-21-2020, 04:59 PM
(09-21-2020 01:29 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  I'm sure many people here read, learn and enjoy them too.
Like I do.

(09-20-2020 10:23 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  Thanks again, keep those comments comming (sic), perhaps the grand total will raise to three !! ... Smile
I will never comment because my math level is nowhere near yours, so do not assume that no comments means no reader. Wink

Sylvain
09-21-2020, 09:38 PM
Thanks Valentin, excellent collection. Enjoyed reading many of the articles.
09-22-2020, 12:07 AM

Hi, all:

Thank you very much for your extremely kind, appreciative (and reassuring !) comments, Gene, Bob, Massimo, Ed, JMBaillard (Jean-Michel ?), Sylvain and Bill.

I'm glad that you enjoy the Articles, etc. Believe me, they take a lot of time to concoct (around a month each or so), from having the idea to creating the program and the examples, and then format it all as a proper Word document, thorough proof-reading (including keying in the listing and trying out all examples) and then converting the document to a PDF paper so it's nice to know that all that effort eventually gets some appreciation from, well, appreciative people like you.

The next 5 Articles I'll upload during the next months till New Year will total 60+ pages in all and several of them feature programs dealing with advanced functionalities of extremely wide application in Engineering & Science in general. Others are mainly recreational and even somewhat educational in nature. Stay tuned !

Very best regards and thanks again, your warm & kind comments really made my day ! Smile
V.

09-22-2020, 01:59 PM
Kudos and congrats on a great site. I love your articles and use them for an enjoyable coffee break relaxer. (Though the Long Live articles make me want to spend some $).

Thank-you for your efforts!
Bill
09-25-2020, 07:06 PM
Thank you Valentino, for your great site!
09-25-2020, 11:39 PM
Hi, BillBee and aurelio:

BillBee Wrote:I love your articles and use them for an enjoyable coffee break relaxer. (Though the Long Live articles make me want to spend some $).

Thank you very much for your appreciation. I have as many as three "Long Live" Series articles ready for publication within the next months. Stay tuned !

aurelio Wrote:Thank you Valentino, for your great site!

I'm glad you like it, aurelio, thank you very much for your interest (though it's "Valentin", without the final "o"; I'm not Italian, you know ...Wink

Best regards.
V.

09-26-2020, 12:19 AM
(09-25-2020 11:39 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  I have as many as three "Long Live" Series articles ready for publication within the next months.

Great news, Valentín! I am looking forward to them, even though I know “Long Live the HP-48GX” is not on the list (and it never will be).

Thank you very much for the effort you’ve always put in each and every of your contributions over these years. Rest assured you have a great audience, albeit rather silent at times.

Best regards,

Gerson.
09-26-2020, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2020 11:37 AM by aurelio.)
(09-25-2020 11:39 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  I'm glad you like it, aurelio, thank you very much for your interest (though it's "Valentin", without the final "o"; I'm not Italian, you know ...Wink

Best regards.
V.

Ohops....sorry for the mistake, Valentin, too much friends here in italy named Valentino, a so nice name, my mother-in-law...Valentina Smile
09-26-2020, 10:40 PM
Hi, Gerson and aurelio:

Gerson Wrote:Great news, Valentín! I am looking forward to them, even though I know “Long Live the HP-48GX” is not on the list (and it never will be).

Thanks for your continued interest, Gerson, I hope to meet your expectations. And you're right, no RPL models are or ever will be included in my list.

Gerson Wrote:Thank you very much for the effort you’ve always put in each and every of your contributions over these years.
Rest assured you have a great audience, albeit rather silent at times.

It reminds me of a ST-VOY line:

The holodoctor:   "Seven, it was a small joke !"
      Seven-of-Nine :   "Too small".

Too silent. Smile

aurelio Wrote:Ohops....sorry for the mistake, Valentin, too much friends here in italy named Valentino, a so nice name, my mother-in-law...Valentina Smile

Never mind, it's an easy mistake. Both your name and mine exist in many languages with small variations (in my case, Valentin, Valentino, Valentí, Valentinus, etc., etc.), as both are of Latin origin, having existed for millennia.

And yes, both are nice names. Mine means "strong, healthy" and yours means "resplendent, golden" (aurum = Au = gold), as I'm sure you fully-well know but perhaps other readers don't. Give my regards to your distinguished mother-in-law. Smile

Thanks again and best regards to both of you. Have a nice weekend.
V.

09-29-2020, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2020 05:32 PM by pier4r.)
Thank you for your efforts! (a thank you also to all others that do similar things, starting from this forum and its contributions, the collection of J. Schwartz, hpcalc.org and so on)

I really have to make time to read again all those quality things. Please go on (you all) even if the audience is silent!

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
09-30-2020, 10:09 AM
(09-22-2020 12:07 AM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:        
Hi, all:

Thank you very much for your extremely kind, appreciative (and reassuring !) comments, Gene, Bob, Massimo, Ed, JMBaillard (Jean-Michel ?), Sylvain and Bill.

I'm glad that you enjoy the Articles, etc. Believe me, they take a lot of time to concoct (around a month each or so), from having the idea to creating the program and the examples, and then format it all as a proper Word document, thorough proof-reading (including keying in the listing and trying out all examples) and then converting the document to a PDF paper so it's nice to know that all that effort eventually gets some appreciation from, well, appreciative people like you.

The next 5 Articles I'll upload during the next months till New Year will total 60+ pages in all and several of them feature programs dealing with advanced functionalities of extremely wide application in Engineering & Science in general. Others are mainly recreational and even somewhat educational in nature. Stay tuned !

Very best regards and thanks again, your warm & kind comments really made my day ! Smile
V.

Hi Valentin,
JM = Jean-Marc ( = John-Mark ? )
Best regards.
10-06-2020, 09:26 PM
Hi, pier4r and JMBaillard:

pier4r Wrote:Thank you for your efforts! [...] I really have to make time to read again all those quality things. Please go on (you all) even if the audience is silent!

You're welcome, thanks for your relentless interest in my productions, I appreciate it.

And yes, you should read more, Creating things is quite alright but keeping a balance between creating new things and reading the things others have created is the way to go.

As for "silent audiences", it's the nature of things; look at this very thread: more than 940 people have viewed my original post as of today, yet only 10+ have bothered to post even the simplest "Nice! Keep going!" reply to let me know they appreciate my efforts. Perhaps they don't after all ! Smile

Speaking of which, tomorrow 7th I'm announcing a new update (#21) uploaded to my site, which includes a brand new 15-page PDF Article. Take the opportunity to read something Wink

JMBaillard Wrote:JM = Jean-Marc ( = John-Mark ? )

Ah, "Jean-Marc", not "Jean-Michel" ! Nice to know, thank you. It would be "Juan Marcos" in Spanish (no hyphen needed) !!

Best regards.
V.

10-08-2020, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2020 08:17 PM by pier4r.)
Little request for the articles. Could they get a date, or can they be dated? It helps also to put things in perspective. For example "ah this article was written when the model was still in production" vs "this article was written and the model was discontinued already for 20 years".

Wikis are great, Contribute :)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)