IVEE and IVEE7 (DIY calculators)
09-14-2020, 06:44 AM
IVEE and IVEE7 (DIY calculators)
Hello all!

I proudly present IV and IV7 - probably the best RPN calculators I have built so far.

They are based on arduino hardware (avr atmel328) and are programmable (900 steps, FORTH-like).
While IV has an OLED-display IV7 tries to represent numbers and text (yes that's somehow possible) on an 8-digit-7-segment-display.

See some videos on:
https://youtu.be/m1aFRhqvuLM
and
https://youtu.be/uZYgRxXX5ro

Regards
deetee

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2020, 01:05 PM
RE: IVEE and IVEE7 (DIY calculators)
Wow, very cool little calculators!

I wonder why you went from a graphic display in IVEE to a 7-segment display in IVEE7. Seems like a step backwards.

In any case, I'm amazed at how much functionality you packed into those tiny devices. What's your next project?
09-15-2020, 04:58 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2020 05:33 AM by deetee.)
RE: IVEE and IVEE7 (DIY calculators)
(09-14-2020 01:05 PM)mpark Wrote:  Seems like a step backwards.

It depends. IVEE7 is cheap and simple. The board costs less than $1.50 (includes wired connectors) and an Arduino Micro (clone) costs approximately $2.50. So basically IVEE7 can be (home-)made for less than $5 (without soldering).

So separate from the plotting function IVEE7 lacks in some comfort (ie commands abbreviation with 2 letters), but has the whole range of functions of IVEE - and offers an additional matrix section.

(09-14-2020 01:05 PM)mpark Wrote:  What's your next project?

First I want to improve the code of IVEE and IVEE7. While porting the code I found some bugs and improvements in the original code.

If I had one wish free - I would wish to have IVEE as a (cheap) buyable product on the market with a good hardware quality (like HP calculators). A credit card sized gadget like the Arduboy (with 16 keys) would be very charming.
But that's far beyond my capabilities.

Regards
deetee

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)